The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be buying some gear and would prefer to support sponsors...Like the title says...anyone sell racing shoes/gloves? The suit is on hold for the moment.

Thank you,

Doug

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
In case you can't find a vendor here that sells stuff, PM me and i'll direct ya to a place.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Apexperformance.net is pretty good too. Got some gloves and pilotis from them. Look around on various forums, there's usually a 10-15% coupon code floating around somewhere as well.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got my gloves and helmet ready for Saturday. Im still in the market for shoes (next race at ButtonWillow) and a race suit. Too bad nobody sponsors the forum or the LCS and sells race clothing.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Well, I got my gloves and helmet ready for Saturday. Im still in the market for shoes (next race at ButtonWillow) and a race suit. Too bad nobody sponsors the forum or the LCS and sells race clothing.
don't wear a racing suit to a HPDE (JMHO). I buy my stuff at saferacer.com.
make sure to check their sale items.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Some club require a nomex suit.

I personnally wear mine to every race (mandatory), lapping days (encouraged) and HPDE (nobody gives a) I attend. I don't care if I look silly, if one day something wrong happens at the track, I'd rather look silly than look like a roasted chicken.

Anyway, when I didn't have a suit, I never knew how to get dress for HPDE. Some club want long sleeves, some tolerate short sleeve, some won't allow some kind of fabrics etc. With my racing suit I don't have to worry and I feel safer.

YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts