The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA Manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. Before my dealer here in San Diego went belly up, they mentioned a supercharger upgrade for my 2011 Evora NA that would make it an S equivalent or something like that. Supposedly they would fly their tech out from England to do the work. Is there something I could add similar and still pass california inspection? I don't race it or anything, it is just I haven't given her a present in a while.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
694 Posts
There is alot you can do. Stay na, or buy a take off tvs1320, or a non intercooler tvs1900 or intercooled tvs1900. This is what I did.

Reactions: ArtfulDodger

·
Registered
"Girlfriend" 2011 Evora 2+2 NA / "Raven" 2014 MINI Cooper Roadster
43 Posts
There is alot you can do. Stay na, or buy a take off tvs1320, or a non intercooler tvs1900 or intercooled tvs1900. This is what I did.

Did you have a shop install it? I am curious what that adds to the total price.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
694 Posts
Had boe install it. It was one of the first kits they sold so they wanted to be the ones to do it.

It did come off again when I had the harness swapped.

Reactions: ArtfulDodger

·
Illegal Alien
5,285 Posts
  1. Before my dealer here in San Diego went belly up, they mentioned a supercharger upgrade for my 2011 Evora NA that would make it an S equivalent or something like that. Supposedly they would fly their tech out from England to do the work. Is there something I could add similar and still pass california inspection? I don't race it or anything, it is just I haven't given her a present in a while.
VSA has done a SC upgrade on an NA back in 2012, but today sticking with the TVS 1320 is backwards when both the factory and aftermarket have moved on to big intercooler TVS units. BOE makes a nice TVS 1900 kit.

Also check out this thread: reliable-modifications-to-n-a-evoras.475393

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA Manual
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But all these appear not street legal, am I wrong? Is it Carb certified? I would like to use it as a daily driver (but I did just get a new BMW M4)
I don't understand these things.

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
If you're looking to get Carb Certified in CA I don't think the BOE options will work for you. "Off road Only"

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
694 Posts
How does that whole carb thing work? How do they know if it is, or is not stock?

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Most smog check places won't know the difference between an NA and S, let alone an NA with an aftermarket supercharger. They aren't the ones that care about CARB certification though. If you get sent to a referee station for whatever reason, those individuals might do their research and look up components to determine if they're CARB compliant. Not sure if the supercharger is considered an emissions control device, but I would imagine if aftermarket air intakes have to be CARB certified for road-use here, then any part that could remotely affect emissions would have to as well.

Since most smog check stations can't disassemble your vehicle to perform the tests, they have to do their best to inspect visually the necessary cats are there (which is really only the 2 primaries), and that the values put out via OBD2 are within range. As far as I know, the BOE kit does not add any CELs, so the chances of passing CA's bi-annual check is probably pretty good. And as long as you don't get ticketed for an excessively loud exhaust, you should never have to visit the referee stations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts