The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least the T-Storms won't come int until later, but they told me they will get here between 3 pm to 6 pm.

The forecast for 6 pm in Dallas is severe T-Storms, so I'm waiting until it starts pouring rain for the truck to pull in. Boy I do hate being right about predictions.

Anyway, I haven't refresh the weather map that many times in my life. I could keep on calling the driver and ask "Are you here yet?" Anyway I expect a call anytime from them.

This is really killing me. I have my camera ready because I wanted to take pictures in case I find any transport damage, but if it's raining it's going to be hard to do... Hmm I wonder if I have an umbrella in my other car.

Racing Green/Red int/HT/touring/starshield.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more hour, they are in Plano TX, too bad it's kind of heavy traffic from there to here, but on the bright side, the weather seems to be holding for now :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I laughed so hard when I first saw the weather person on American TV say a 'T-Storm' was on its way. I imagined cups and saucers flying towards town... :D We just have old-fashioned thunderstorms on the BBC. :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it got here Friday night

Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry the autofocus in my camera doesn't seem to work too well, or probably it was me shaking for all the excitement.

It was raining and it had been sitting in a lot for one month so It was a little dirty, but not too bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Between Saturday (it was an awesome clear day here) and Sunday I managed to put around 450 miles, it did rain Sunday night so here is a pict with the soft top on this morning after I gave her a nice wash.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyway, I'll take more pictures some other day, it was way too much fun to drive to even worry about taking pictures :)

Can't wait for the 600 miles (150 more to go) so I can open up a bit more and to the 1000 miles

I don't recall exactly but when I did fill up the 1st time from a full tank I had 175 miles on it and it only needed 7.5 gallons. City, Hwy & Back roads. 23 1/3 miles per gallon.

All the stress I had from the wait and for working weekends to finish our project are totally gone, it's a great cure for stress :)

When I went to bed Sat I dreamt I was still driving! Other cars were more well behaved than usual they let me through giving me smiles and thumbs up.

It was a blast!!! can't wait to get errands at work just to drive more and I'll make sure I take the longest route possible.

It might rain later but I really don't care, the top took me around two minutes to install and Nov 1st I get a covered spot at the office, just in case we get pretty big hail here in the DFW area.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to say that if it wasn't for Bill Reudgen my car will still be sitting on that lot, he is the one that found out where my car was at so that I could find another transporter company.

Thank Bill, you've been straight forward from day one and while the car was on transit I think you were more worried than me about the car not getting here.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks also for choosing those colors red interior on a racing green car looks AWESOME!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts