The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my car put a badge on about a year ago that I want to remove. I've debadged one of my other cars before, but I wasn't sure if there was anything special to keep in mind with the elise.

I REALLY do not want to screw up the paint :panic:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More detail - what do you want to remove and from where
its a lotus roundel badge that is placed just below the "T" of the lotus lettering on the rear clam shell

i assume that if im using a blow dryer to heat it up, i need to be careful to not heat up the vinyl stripes to either side, right?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Look inside the clam boot to make certain it is not the bolt on badge with foam tape. There are two varieties available to install. It would be really cool of it were just tape variety.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the guy said it is just an "adhesive peel off" badge

·
Registered
853 Posts
Then you should have no trouble. I like the look with no badges.

·
Registered
526 Posts
An easy way to get if off is to use dental floss and "SAW" thru the foam adhesive, then you can use and adhesive remover to get rid of the rest.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I don't there even is a trunk liner. Just stick your head in. You might need a flashlight.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
While you're there, note the 'cable management' system Lotus uses.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't there even is a trunk liner. Just stick your head in. You might need a flashlight.

you're right... i just looked and the inside of the rear clam is exposed and there is no bolt going through it. so it should be easy to remove i hope?

what do you guys recommend for adhesive remover? 3M? auto goo gone?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I use the hair-dryer/dental floss method, then PPG DU330 for removal of the sticky stuff, but Goo Gone will work as well.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
You still want to be careful with heat......heat also softens the paint...and as you said, you have the stripes to take into consideration too. Are you leaving the L-O-T-U-S? Or removing that too??

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You still want to be careful with heat......heat also softens the paint...and as you said, you have the stripes to take into consideration too. Are you leaving the L-O-T-U-S? Or removing that too??
im leaving that there. i have the raised lettering which I like. with the extra roundel on there, it just looks too "busy" IMO

·
Registered
821 Posts
im leaving that there. i have the raised lettering which I like. with the extra roundel on there, it just looks too "busy" IMO
smart move IMO. I love the Raised lettering. Its best to choose either or (emblem or letters...not both)
:up:

·
Registered
808 Posts
does the badge your trying to remove on the rear clam look like the front badge? If so would you be interested in selling it after you remove it? I have been looking for a rear badge forever.
Thanks, appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does the badge your trying to remove on the rear clam look like the front badge? If so would you be interested in selling it after you remove it? I have been looking for a rear badge forever.
Thanks, appreciate it!
yes, its the same as the front.

ill let you know once i remove it

oh, and i just made room in my inbox if you want to re-send that pm

1 - 20 of 33 Posts