The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I'm going to take my stock Exige S to a local dyno to get a baseline pull. The dyno is a DynoJet and this will be my first time dyno'ing the car (although not my first time using a dyno).

What does LotusTalk recommend for the following:

--Where should the safety/tie-down straps be attached?
--How/where should fans be pointed? Through the roof inlet somehow?
--Anything else?

Also, what sort of numbers should I expect for a stock Exige S on a DynoJet? 170whp-ish?

Thanks!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
-should be about 200whp [195-205]
-strap the rear at the lower A-arms, IIRC
-have a fan point at the intercooler and radiator (if possible)
-let the car cool down a little before you start

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
4th gear. take off the diffuser unless you want some nice strap lines in it, don't cross the strap lines under the exhaust if its the stock diffuser exit type.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Keep the car warm/hot if you want a more real-world number... for bragging rights, you can cool the car down, it's just not realistic... The main thing about temp (the engine and IC temp) is just be consistant. If you let the car cool, then make sure you do the same next time. If you do the pull hot, then in the future and you want to see if the exhaust (or whatever) made any power, make sure you do that pull hot as well... Most people kid themselves with dynos by playing games with cold and hot pulls...

Good luck,

Phil

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
by the time its upto temp and after the first pull it'll start to heatsoak anyway.

do a variety of hot and cold pulls that'll give you more information than doing just one or the other, large data sets are the way to go if you're looking for something beyond a quick 3 pull looksee, otherwise don't worry about it either way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts