The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the new Fed Elise owners? How did it run around your favorite road course, compared to your prior car?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Not my experience, but the chief of my dealer ( HRM ) Mark Starr took the demo up to his favorite track Lime Rock Park in CT. He told me he was lapping the Ferrari's all day. It was a Ferrari track day. I found that amusing:D

His demo is not even an LSS:eek: Amazing:bow:

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy. . . echo echo echo

Since the Elise would mainly be a weekend toy (including track) for me, I need to hear those first hand accounts of track domination. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Not my experience, but the chief of my dealer ( HRM ) Mark Starr took the demo up to his favorite track Lime Rock Park in CT. He told me he was lapping the Ferrari's all day. It was a Ferrari track day. I found that amusing:D

His demo is not even an LSS:eek: Amazing:bow:
I think Mark told me they were turning laps in the 1:07's at Lime Rock. This is good for a stock street car, but not spectacular. I run in the low 1:05's with a stock engined 968 on track tires. It's 235 hp and 3050 lbs.

Ferrari owners are pretty cautious with their cars, in my experience.

Charles

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Im going to Track Days at Road Atlanta in October but I've been to the Dragon's Tail in Tennessee twice now with my Elise. This will be a great track car, no doubt in my mind. I've been there about 15 times and nothing compares to the Elise. Of course, a tight road course will be where the Elise shines. I think the more open tracks may not be it's natural home as braking and turning are what the car does best.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Hi Charles,
It seems the Elise is not as fast around a race track as we all had expected. Perhaps a case of waiting too long. Was Mark's car broken in yet at the time? I seem to remember that it wasn't, and that he was running harder with his Exige. Could be mistaken. Do you know what time the Exige runs?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. Any track stories?

I decided not to track my Porsche, and will either turn my E36 M3 into a track toy, or go through with the Elise.

My Elise test drive was limited to 6000 rpm and under, and was on the standard suspension, not the LSS (which I would get). Accordingly, on reflection, my test drive is pretty inconclusive about how this car will perform on track.

Any thoughts/experiences appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Im going to Track Days at Road Atlanta in October but I've been to the Dragon's Tail in Tennessee twice now with my Elise. This will be a great track car, no doubt in my mind. I've been there about 15 times and nothing compares to the Elise. Of course, a tight road course will be where the Elise shines. I think the more open tracks may not be it's natural home as braking and turning are what the car does best.
You should be able to totally dominate in the esses as well as the braking zone before 10A and 10B.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Vantage said:
Hi Charles,
It seems the Elise is not as fast around a race track as we all had expected. Perhaps a case of waiting too long. Was Mark's car broken in yet at the time? I seem to remember that it wasn't, and that he was running harder with his Exige. Could be mistaken. Do you know what time the Exige runs?
Oops, didn't see this post from weeks ago. Anyway, just for the record, I think Mark's car had only a few hundred miles on it. Also, there were two people in the car, and Mark himself is a pretty big guy...

I think he said he was running around 1:00's or 1:01's in the Exige at Lime Rock. Mark has also posted recently somewhere else around here re track times.

Incidentally, I recently took delivery from him, SY touring. Great overall buying experience at HRM.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Was Mark's car broken in yet at the time? I seem to remember that it wasn't, and that he was running harder with his Exige.<<<

Well the Exige runs on Yokohama slicks...not r-compound but slicks. Real race tires. The demo car was not broken in and had the touring suspension, street tires and a passenger and was likely driven at below 10/10ths.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts