The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an evora and live in Portland. I've never owned a nice car before and was wondering whether people have had any trouble parking in downtown Portland for a few hours during the day or at any of the parking garages?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Just a general warning - do not EVER parallel park unless you are at the front of the line. You will certainly get backed into. A f'n Tesla backed into me once. They have more sensors than just about any car, but a stupid driver is a stupid driver, no matter how smart their car.

rant over...

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Yes, never parallel park an Evora or Elise/Exige. A small bump will crack the fiberglass and it is very costly.

I park my Elise in the underground at my work. No issues in 10 years but it is not a public lot.

I've parked overnight at various hotels and again no issues.

·
Registered
837 Posts
We stopped at Powell’s City of Books a couple years ago and parked in their garage. It was the steepest, tightest garage I’ve ever been in. Don’t know if it is typical of other downtown Portland garages, but I would check things out before driving in a facility you are not familiar with. As already noted, you don’t want to try to parallel park a Lotus.

·
Premium Member
2011 Lotus Evora
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very helpful to know not to parallel park. I’ve been to the Powell’s garage before and agree very tough to park there — probably the worst in the city. Most of the other garages are much easier. Sounds like street parking downtown is out but maybe garages are okay.

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
I parallel parked the Evora once, and in the front of the line. I remember the sweat beading on my upper lip.

Reactions: Lckitty

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I wouldn't do it. As said, damage is too costly. Pay for a spot in a garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts