The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my evora is overheating and Lotus told me to try bleeding the system to get rid of excess air since my fans are all operational.

Any videos or tutorials on how I can do this? I dont have much experience tinkering under the hood but I'm willing to learn if it's not a huge risk.

Unfortunately there's no Lotus dealers around me :(

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
222 Posts
There are schrader bleed valves in the coolant pipes that are accessible if you remove the front wheel liners. With the engine running and coolant starting to circulate, press the valve in with the tip of a small screwdriver or something to release air. Might have to do this several times to get all of it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are schrader bleed valves in the coolant pipes that are accessible if you remove the front wheel liners. With the engine running and coolant starting to circulate, press the valve in with the tip of a small screwdriver or something to release air. Might have to do this several times to get all of it.
Sounds simple enough! Where can I find a picture of the location?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Forgot to mention, remove the reservoir cap before you start. You don't want piping hot coolant spraying out under pressure. The valves are on the top of the coolant pipe, roughly in line with the front axle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
B is for build also has alot of good clips of the Evora rebuild. this vid may show the process for coolant flush

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's another video of some guys bleeding the system
just be careful to not push on the release valve too hard.

·
Registered
206 Posts

This thread may be of use. Also if you download the service notes from VSI there is a section about the drain/refill procedure. There are two air bleeds one on the heater rerun hose and another on the link hose that connects the main radiator to the auxiliary radiator. The radiator bleed plug can be accessed through the passenger wheel well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts