The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I can't believe the shortsightedness of this group! :facepalm

Loosing weight on the car is additive... kind of like replacing the shocks on your car ONLY. Is it an improvement? Yes! Now if you adjust the camber, equalize the castor, corner balance, adjust the tire pressure, set the toe and install full floating discs...it all adds up. You do one thing at a time...and there is not much difference in between. Now you have one car stock and the other right next to with all of these tuning things done...you will not recognize the car! I will bet my car on that!

Same thing with weight...just one thing is just that. Add 10, 20 of those, and now you've got something!

As the saying goes...don't knock if you hadn't tried it.

I'm up for suggestions... I've contributed.

As the other saying goes...If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. -poke-

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
The discussion here is about the car...Lotus Type-111 to be exact...not about your stupid @$$! Nobody here wants to hear about daughters, clothing, taking a $h!t before going out driving or your testicles...

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I've removed the interior hatch release handle, cable and latching mechanism. I've replaced them all with an aluminum hood pin. That was worth a good 2 - 3 pounds!

·
Banned
3,229 Posts

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
We all get you're an engineer.
You might...but do you all?

My real gripe is that people don't go into a doctor's office and start telling the doctor how the body works...yet, most will go and try to take their own portraits (not going to a photographer) and tell engineers how to design thing without having any mechanical aptitude at all themselves! Do you people realize that most of the advances in medicine in the last 50-years was due to engineers works...providing better tools for the medical profession? I know, not related to this thread...

I'm sorry I get suckered down to the masses level so easily and try to put people back in their place... :facepalm

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
That's not how I think this thread was supposed to go...
The idea...at least mine, is people post how they have saved weight in non standard ways...then everybody can choose to do it or not. This is a place to post your ideas. That is the purpose of these types of websites. The problem is, you get @$$ holes spouting off that you castrate yourself or shave your balls if you want to waste your time. If you're not interested in sharing ideas, why the f*&k are you on this website in the first place. If you don't like it, don't do it...no one here is forcing anybody to do anything. The only thing is these @$$ holes fill up the threads with bull $h!t and the interested party has to sift through it...

I haven't been here that long, but I got tired of sifting through all this $h!t already...

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I was playing with optimizing the brake bell... I got a very even load throughout the bell. I modeled a stupidly high (13,500-lbs) load on the bell and was still able to get it down to 13 1/4 oz (378gms)! And this is for the very large 203.2mm PCD discs (315mm x 28mm AP Racing discs).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts