The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I had to add weight to the passenger floor to get my corner balance to work out.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Shave your head....and other hair. Do #1 and #2. Spit out the window as you drive.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I hope he's saying it would take a lot of shaved hair to equal any substantial weight savings.

No one can be so obtuse as to think that no weight saving no matter how minor won't be an advantage.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The guy with the silly symboled handle, just once could you not derail and make unpleasant an interesting thread ? We all get you're an engineer.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Here's a weight saving idea [ lol ] take ur SC off like me to get rebuilt in CA, only thing I have to tow it to the scale---- but seriously --- a better quote would be : if you don't have anything nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all :----- HAPPY THANKS GIVING everyone

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I hope he's saying it would take a lot of shaved hair to equal any substantial weight savings.

No one can be so obtuse as to think that no weight saving no matter how minor won't be an advantage.
It all depends.
For some people shaving their body hair might result in a greater weight loss than for others

Hair Facial hair Beard Gesture Forehead

·
Registered
676 Posts
Lighten up people (pun intended) it's Thanksgiving...be thankful you drive such an excellent car. Today is not the day to think about losing weight!

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
We all get you're an engineer.
You might...but do you all?

My real gripe is that people don't go into a doctor's office and start telling the doctor how the body works...yet, most will go and try to take their own portraits (not going to a photographer) and tell engineers how to design thing without having any mechanical aptitude at all themselves! Do you people realize that most of the advances in medicine in the last 50-years was due to engineers works...providing better tools for the medical profession? I know, not related to this thread...

I'm sorry I get suckered down to the masses level so easily and try to put people back in their place... :facepalm

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
<@[email protected]>’s statement is true. The decrease in morbidity and mortality rates in the last hundred years is in part due to improvements to public infrastructure as well as medical and surgical advances: clean water supply, sewerage, sanitation, housing, improved food supply, antibiotics, immunization, drugs, imaging equipment, surgical techniques; and engineers play a critical part in the design and construction of the public infrastructures, medical equipment, and pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
In fact, not. Just another myth, sorry!
I don't think it was ever discovered whether it was in fact the paint or the large amounts of filler used to smoothen the cars surface which at the end brought the weight reduction :shrug:

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
That's not how I think this thread was supposed to go...
The idea...at least mine, is people post how they have saved weight in non standard ways...then everybody can choose to do it or not. This is a place to post your ideas. That is the purpose of these types of websites. The problem is, you get @$$ holes spouting off that you castrate yourself or shave your balls if you want to waste your time. If you're not interested in sharing ideas, why the f*&k are you on this website in the first place. If you don't like it, don't do it...no one here is forcing anybody to do anything. The only thing is these @$$ holes fill up the threads with bull $h!t and the interested party has to sift through it...

I haven't been here that long, but I got tired of sifting through all this $h!t already...

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.