The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that we know that the Elise is on the water, can we finally have news about any rpoducts under development to increase the power of the engine? Also, is anyone offering their own exhaust system or should we jsut go with the Lotus version? I assume my car will be in my posession within 2 months, and I would like to know my options before the car arrives.

Translation - I have looked at the forum sponsors, and I know what they are currently offerning, and that they have products under development. The Fed Elise is months late arriving. I would like to know what is being worked on, and the progress that has bene made. I would like to increase the power output to 215-220 hp, is there anything underdevelopment that can help?:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I know Monkeywrench is working on something, or planning on working on something.

I think for some smaller outfits, they needed the cars to get here first so they could look at space available, test fitment, etc.

p.s. Moving to the powertrain forum since it's on topic

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mean TT said:
So now that we know that the Elise is on the water, can we finally have news about any rpoducts under development to increase the power of the engine? Also, is anyone offering their own exhaust system or should we jsut go with the Lotus version? I assume my car will be in my posession within 2 months, and I would like to know my options before the car arrives.

Translation - I have looked at the forum sponsors, and I know what they are currently offerning, and that they have products under development. The Fed Elise is months late arriving. I would like to know what is being worked on, and the progress that has bene made. I would like to increase the power output to 215-220 hp, is there anything underdevelopment that can help?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Bringing the output of the 2ZZGE up to 220 HP N/A shouldn't be that hard, given the sufficient funds.

I'd start out with a well designed cold air kit. I'd then install good header and exhaust system. Then i'd port and polish as much as you could. I'd then go for a standalone ECU, liek the power FC and tune everything up properly. I'm not sure if you'd be hitting your mark by then, but if you wanted to go the extra step you could raise the compression ration with some new pistons, assuming you could access higher octane fuel, and/or you could go with some more agressive cams and push the RPM's higher. The stock valvetrain should take up to 9K.

Thats my idea anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts