The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I thought Criswell was one of the biggest Lotus dealers around.

No one has picked up a car there?

They have no demo yet?

What up wit dat?

(do you think they're selling cars off to other dealers?)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just spoke with them today, as a matter of fact. Something about not enough delivery trucks coming up North- and they won't leave unless they're full- so we're at the mercy of the delivery people or something? Lotus didn't think of this before now?!

Can I go down there and get it myself? It's been sitting there for over 2 weeks now!!!

Seriously, can I go down there and pick it up? If I pay for it first, will they release it to me?

They said it could be a couple more weeks until I take delivery (again)! I'm paying $200/mo (actually, that's cheap) for an empty parking spot in Georgetown for a car that's HERE, in America!

This is getting to be re-god-damn-diculous.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A friend of mine stopped by Criswell two days ago, and he reports to me that they have an arctic silver demo car in the showroom. I guess this is the real deal and not another press car, my friend didn't ask. He didn't see any other Elise on the lot. The blue press car they had a couple of weeks ago is now gone. I'll stop by myself this weekend and report any news.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I work tomorrow, but am off on Friday and I have to go to MD anyway. Ill take my camera and let you know. I have no car on order, am not in a waiting list, just love the car. Someday maybe.

Hope they are here soon. Also in about 4 years as you get ready for a new Lotus please remember my love for the car and do not mark up the price too much.
John

·
Registered
211 Posts
Interesting... I think I'll stop by too... I'm #2 after their demo, sooo... if the silver one's their demo...

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's really a comedy of errors. Not enough trucks to transport the cars to the dealers? That's just absurd. Lotus really has brain damage.

By the way, I've been on the list at Criswell since last summer ... and I've never been contacted once by anyone there for any reason. I don't think I'm even very close to ordering a car, but it sure is a funny way to do business.

No one called to give me a color swatch sheet and no one has called to tell me about an incoming demo. No one has called to update me on anything or even to say "hello". I guess there's no reason for them to call, but it would be good business relations to make sure all their deposit holders are still alive!

If you want an Elise, you gotta deal with the B.S.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
m100 Sean said:
What does my $800 destination charge pay for?
Transport from factory to dealer. It's pretty typical, and this $800 seems reasonable based on my very limited experience. As a comparison, the destination charge for my '03 Jetta was $575, and that's a car that's being shipped in high volumes and transported via open carriers.

·
Registered
211 Posts
By the way, I really think Criswell (ie Tom) is trying as hard as they can to get my car here, I'm just confused why other dealers around here (and farther away from here, like Pennsylvania and New York) have their cars but we don't... I guess there just haven't been any transports willing to take the exit off 95 North to Gaithersburg, MD?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I saw the ST car driving around over a week before "the deliveries" were made. On rt 15 going north over the bridge. If there were no early deliveries, that car is a press car and cannot be driven by us mortals. Maybe a few gallardo owners get a test drive, but not us.

And I have no clue why criswell is getting screwed on this one. They probably ordered an LSS demo car, which is putting them back a bit, and the press car is the "temporary" car until the lss gets there. Who knows...

Scot

·
Registered
211 Posts
Can someone confirm if the car sitting on the showroom floor is Silver or Storm Titanium? And if it has black interior or the red/black combo?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My understanding is that the demo car is NOT LSS, and it was silver.

I'm sure Tom is trying his hardest to get the cars moving.

When LOA has 6 cars on hand as of 7/29 and already delivered 1/2....and the #2 (EDIT) person at Criswell is reporting 'no joy', it's really hard to take. :(

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I just talked to Tom a short while ago. My car is waiting to be shipped - delays with the shipping company. Hopefully within the next week or two.

The silver car in Criswell's showroom is not their demo. It's one of the press cars - they "store" it between loans to the press. They can't use it for demos, and can't even let people sit in it. Tom did say that they are hoping to get their demo soon. I said I'm not worried about the demo or taking a demo drive - I'll just wait for my car.

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
TimMullen said:
I just talked to Tom a short while ago. My car is waiting to be shipped - delays with the shipping company. Hopefully within the next week or two.

The silver car in Criswell's showroom is not their demo. It's one of the press cars - they "store" it between loans to the press. They can't use it for demos, and can't even let people sit in it. Tom did say that they are hoping to get their demo soon. I said I'm not worried about the demo or taking a demo drive - I'll just wait for my car.

Tim Mullen
Referesh my memory Tim...

You were deposit #12? What # did you get assigned on the build sheet?

·
Registered
76 Posts
TimMullen said:
The silver car in Criswell's showroom is not their demo. It's one of the press cars - they "store" it between loans to the press. They can't use it for demos, and can't even let people sit in it. Tom did say that they are hoping to get their demo soon.
Well, dang. Lotus finds a way to keep transporting single press cars to Criswell, but no customer cars or even a demo. Other east coast dealers have been delivering cars, it makes me wonder what's up with this dealership. I guess there's no point in stopping by this weekend after all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ha ha, I was just thinking the same thing... I hope the press cars are driven (vs delivered on a transport truck) to Criswell, because that would be pretty f'd up if Lotus kept only shipping press vehicles through Criswell when they could throw a couple other lister's cars on that same truck.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Genjuro said:
You were deposit #12? What # did you get assigned on the build sheet?
I was the 12th deposit, but three people dropped off, so I was #9 on the first "order group".

I just got a call from Tom, and my car is being loaded on the truck and should be delivered sometime the middle of next week. Hopefully there will be a demo in that shipment or sooner.

Now we're in the process of getting the info to the Credit Union for the financing part of the deal (pre-approved, they just need the paper work in order to cut the check) - so you guys leave Tom alone while he generating the paper work.

The bad part of the news is that I may be out of town the first two days of next week... Just my luck, that the car may have to sit for a day or so...

Tim Mullen

1 - 20 of 164 Posts