The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
m100 Sean said:
I will be bringing it to an autocross at FedEx one of these weekends, just not this weekend! When's the next?
I'm just a pretender. I have only run in one event. There are others here that know far more than I do. Anyways here is a link to the DC area events. I think this is allowed.

www.autocrossers.com

Enjoy your car.
John

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will gladly give updates on our allocation as the info comes in. There are no secrets here. I will say any time a new vehicle is released there are and always will be issues with production and shipping. This applies to all makes and models. Lotus is a relatively small operation with what I would imagine a far greater demand for the Elise than anyone could have anticipated. I'm sure with time and effort things will be going much smoother in the near future. Could some one please tell me, What an extra car is? I can't imagine that any dealer has an "extra car" I have never seen anything even remotely close to the amount of interest this Elise has aroused. We do have two press cars here on the ground and I invite you all to come and see. Our demo car will be here today barring a traffic jam (keep your fingers crossed). To be fair to our more than patient deposit holders, demo rides will be available to those on the waiting list FIRST. Please call ahead and schedule your ride, If this is anything like when we had the European version here there will be a line around the building. So do your self and my sanity a favor and kindly give me a call. After deposit holders have driven the car I will open it up to everyone interested " still by appointment". Please don't hold this against me, there is just no other way. I am unable to put in words how crazy it was last round. I look forward to seeing you all in your new LOTUS ELISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep you posted.
Tim

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tim, you JINXED us! ;)

There's a big accident on 270 North and a minor one on 270 South.

And, of course, today is an extremely RARE 70 degree day in Washington, DC :(

Maybe the truck got there before the accident this morning :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I came in at 7am this morning, just in case they showed early. I promise you will know as soon as the truck pulls up. I will also take a bunch of pics for everyone when the truck pulls up. I would like to hear your opinions on my demo ride policy. Think it's fair?

Tim

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ugh, well, I hope the truck isn't too delayed by these wrecks :(

Demo policy- more than fair! Plus it will create even more mystery and desire for the car (trust me, I know how waiting can make you want one even more ;) )

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Tim,

Your demo policy is fair and I think it's great that you are opening up the car, later, to those who are not on your list.

Kudos on the policy and congrats on finally getting your cars.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please, no congrats yet, I'm still waiting. It' almost 9am, time to go to work! I'll be back later when they get here.

A GREAT DAY TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim

·
Registered
739 Posts
Tim, your demo policy is perfectly fair given the size of your order book. In fact if you were denying deposit holders a ride in favour of walk-ins you'd certainly get some really serious flak!

'Gift cars'.... there's a whole thread on this under 'which dealers receive gift' or some such . Basically some dealers are claiming that 'extra', unallocated cars have shown up on the transporter as part of their delivery and 'lo and behold' they are hence free to sell them on ebay at vastly inflated prices.

Clearly anyone with half a brain can see this to be a lie. They have been exposed and recieved considerable slagging in this (Lotus monitored) forum, with people warning others not to place orders with such dealerships. Hence people got rather sensitive when one dealer has no cars and others appear to have too many... one explanation being that dealer A has backdoored his cars to dealer B for a quick (albeit shortsighted) profit. You can imagine how this might upset patient list members!!!! What most suspect they are doing is padding their order list with ficticious buyers and (in many cases) bumping legit deposit holders down the list as a result - which is immoral. Point here being

"If you're told you're car number 15, you should get car number 15 from the allocation... not car number 15 after the greedy dealer has flogged 6 'gift' cars to his golfing buddies at silly prices e.g. car number 21"

15=15 it's that easy. Of course no one will complain if a dealer offers them a chance to buy an earlier car that a legit customer has backed out of and indeed some dealers are doing just that. Most however leg it to eBay like someone set their ass on fire.

One dealer is even reported to have sold his demo at market value already - DICKHEAD!

In one or two 'legitimate' cases actual new owners are selling their cars, something which while intensely annoying to the real enthusiasts (like most here) who actually crave the car, is just a distasteful part of life. Bizarrely in at least one reported case the dealer is 'helping' Mr Private Citizen sell his new car... and hence clearly they are working together for profit. Nobody can figure out why!

All of that said, MANY dealers are behaving in an exemplory manner and are revelling in the joy, PR and goodwill of their avid (maybe rabid) customers. Criswell appear to be firmly in that camp I'm very pleased to say.

Paul :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
TIMAURO said:
I would like to hear your opinions on my demo ride policy. Think it's fair?
Absolutely. I'm at a different dealer, and they handle it very similarly. I thought it worked very well this way.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Holy cow is it nice out today. So any of you lucky bastards want a crowd for when you pick up the cars tomorrow?

I can bring my camera, with tripod, to try to get some more pictures, and of course put them on a cd for you.

Tim: I am also a deposit holder and feel the deposit holder demo requirement is a good thing! If these guys will allow it, schedule me to be there when they get their cars :)

(Btw, if anyone cares I might be heading to monrovia after so I will probably not be in the boxster, but should have my kart with me. Maybe do a real direct comparison from car to kart ;) )

Scot

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't mind- I'm just still hoping we might be able to pick ours up today :) I'll post whenever I'm heading over to Criswell.

Off topic (sort of)- I just made my first Elise driving mix CD!

Move Your Feet- Junior Senior
Steal My Sunshine- Len
Man Of The Year- Len
Never Can Say Goodbye- Communards with Sarah Jane Morris
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)- Michael Jackson
Sunrise (Jason Nevins Remix)- Duran Duran
Space Age Love Song- A Flock of Seagulls
Pavement Cracks Remix- Annie Lennox
Get It Together Remix- Seal
SupaCrush- Cassius
Miracles Remix- Basement Jaxx
Caught Up- DJ Disciple
Rock Star- N.E.R.D.
Remind Me (Someone Else's Mix)- Röyksopp
Sean- Aya
Rhodes Funky Dub (Interlude)- Yoshinori Sunahara
My Life Is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye- Morrissey
Droplets- The Amalgamation Of Soundz
Best Days Of Our Lives- Weekend Players

·
Registered
609 Posts
Adding another $0.02

TIMAURO said:
...I would like to hear your opinions on my demo ride policy. Think it's fair?...
Just had to chime in with everyone else, but that seems like exactly the right way to handle demo rides. Those on the list need to confirm that the car works for them - most have never driven, many have never sat in, and some have never seen the car, but still put money down! Once that's taken care of, then the demo should be opened up to the public (still by appointment, natch) since that's really what it's for.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
TIMAURO said:
a far greater demand for the Elise than anyone could have anticipated.
Actually, Tim, not quite true... Some of us Lotus fanatics were trying to convince Lotus of the demand for the Elise back in '96...;)

For what it's worth, I've had no problems with Criswell at all, other than lack of information, and that was not their fault. Tom took me on a test drive of the European car back when it was at Criswell's. Which was a very good thing when you consider that Tom had to spend many days dealing with people that wanted to test drive the Elise - not a good thing from a salesman's point of view, when you consider that Tom wasn't selling any other cars and therefore not making his commissions during this time. Yet Tom still was very professional and helpful (hopefully now that the cars are starting to be delivered, Tom will start to make out better:cool: ).

I've also talked to Tim a couple of times, but have tried to keep that to a minimum (patience is a virtue).

Criswell has been one of the "good guys" - MSRP from the beginning, not markup, etc. I have even talked to some of the guys at LCU (on another matter) and they indicated that Criswell was one of the "good dealers".

Now I still have to wait until tomorrow...

Even if the car is ready today, I'll still have to wait until tomorrow...:huh:

Tim Mullen

PS: The demo policy (although it won't affect me at all) sounds just fine...

·
Registered
62 Posts
My demo is Artic Silver / blk Hard Top W/Tour pkg

1:19pm still waiting, All please say a prayer for Tim, Sean and my-self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Tim, the only thing I heard was a guarantee before 5:00pm.

:shrug:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
TIMAURO Lotus Sales

If you could (Please) see where the other Elisi are headed. If you could check with the driver and see if he is headed to NYC and on to Boston it would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
1fastmx5

Sorry, I do not have that info. When the truck gets here I will ask him where the rest of his cars our going (assuming there are more).

p.s. Randy, we are open til 7:30 and I might need that xtra 150 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny story, not so funny. Around 11am today a truck from Horseless Carriage pulled up out front and naturally I got all excited and almost posted it. In stead I ran out side to double check and turns out he was here to pick up one of the press cars.

What a let down.
Tim

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
m100 Sean said:
I don't mind- I'm just still hoping we might be able to pick ours up today :) I'll post whenever I'm heading over to Criswell.

Off topic (sort of)- I just made my first Elise driving mix CD!

Move Your Feet- Junior Senior
Steal My Sunshine- Len
Man Of The Year- Len
Never Can Say Goodbye- Communards with Sarah Jane Morris
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)- Michael Jackson
Sunrise (Jason Nevins Remix)- Duran Duran
Space Age Love Song- A Flock of Seagulls
Pavement Cracks Remix- Annie Lennox
Get It Together Remix- Seal
SupaCrush- Cassius
Miracles Remix- Basement Jaxx
Caught Up- DJ Disciple
Rock Star- N.E.R.D.
Remind Me (Someone Else's Mix)- Röyksopp
Sean- Aya
Rhodes Funky Dub (Interlude)- Yoshinori Sunahara
My Life Is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye- Morrissey
Droplets- The Amalgamation Of Soundz
Best Days Of Our Lives- Weekend Players
Still contemplating what I will put on my list. Steppenwolf's Born to be Wild and Springsteen's Born to Run will be at or near the top.

I've actually heard of 5 of the groups that you picked. :D

Really suprised that anyone remembers Flock of Seagulls!! I believe they had one big hit (but not the one you picked).

81 - 100 of 164 Posts