The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had poor results with Sector 111 customer service and warranties lately. My buddy has a warrantee issue and they are balking about helping also. It appears that for some reason they are not supporting customers with warranty issues or even getting them to call you back to purchase new upgrades. Has anyone else had these issues lately? It seems like thier customer service has taken a nose dive.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The last story I was told is that they were understaffed and overworked. I got some version of that story everytime I asked when something was going to be shipped on a few orders I placed.

I was told from the get go it was backordered, which I was ok with, but it went from something around to 2 week backorder to another 2 weeks, another.... and so on.

·
Registered
959 Posts
They don't stock much there so they are probably having supplier issues, which is why it keeps getting delayed.

As for your buddy's supercharger warranty issue, they are probably having trouble contacting the manufacturer.

Not providing excuses for them, just reasons. Sector111 is just a "middle-man" company and these troubles arise all the time from dealing with distributors. Part of the reason I would prefer to buy direct instead.

·
Registered
380 Posts
They currently are working on my Elise at their garage in Pahrump, Shinoo even gave me a ride back to Vegas, how's that for customer service? I've never had shipping issues with them either, I'm sure they're just very busy trying to keep up with everything as well as testing their new products, give them some time or contact Shinoo if you can.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
I had a great buying experience with them. Customer service was right on and prompt.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have been buying parts from them for years with no issues. Delays are normal these days with many suppliers.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Very good recent experiences. They even promised not to tell why I need another new radiator hose :eek:

·
Registered
246 Posts
No problems here

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've never had a warranty claim, but I recently had an "issue" regarding a product I purchased from them (turns out the issue was user error on my part). I was able to speak to one of the techs directly over the phone (Jay, I think?) and he got be squared away pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I found that out after a few orders. I don't know why but it seems to be common practice amongst the Lotus aftermarket parts vendors?

I placed an order with one vendor and one part came from the manufacturer, one part came from Monkey Wrench racing and another part came from a random person in England. All got shipped separate and arrived at different times.

I bought a battery and bracket through Sector 111. I wanted a Braille battery and they said they don't carry that line anymore but had a "race battery" made to their specs.

Well that "race battery" was just an $80 Dekka ATV battery that I paid $120 for :mad:

They don't stock much there so they are probably having supplier issues, which is why it keeps getting delayed.

Sector111 is just a "middle-man" company and these troubles arise all the time from dealing with distributors. Part of the reason I would prefer to buy direct instead.

·
Registered
424 Posts
They have always been good for things I have ordered in the past.....

Any idea how we can get the Lotus Ltd 5% discount? I have an order in my cart, but there is no way to enter the discount - waiting on my email I sent to them to be answered...

Any one have a Harness bar and belts to sell :)

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Another no issues very happy customer here. Ordered pads and rotors recently and got them quickly.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
My problem with them is they need to learn how to merchandise. I bought a cool hat from them 6 years ago and they have not made a hat available since lol. I would offer all kinds of swag if I were them, Also start making more in house designed mods again.

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
I've bought lots of stuff from them over the years and have never had any problems. When I had some questions about upgrading my wheels recently I was referred to Shinoo straight away and he spent a significant amount of time explaining available options.

There mark-ups are sometimes high, but they've spent a significant amount on R&D over the years benefiting all of us.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
They have always been good for things I have ordered in the past.....

Any idea how we can get the Lotus Ltd 5% discount? I have an order in my cart, but there is no way to enter the discount - waiting on my email I sent to them to be answered...

Any one have a Harness bar and belts to sell :)
Are you a Lotus Ltd member?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I've had the best experiences with them and will use them again when I can.

Dave

1 - 20 of 29 Posts