The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About every 3 or 4 thousand miles, I manage to blow the horn by accident when I'm steering, casually, through a sharp turn. The location of the horn button is where I end up putting my hand sometimes. Every time I do it I'm sure I'm about to get hit by whoever is blowing the horn and my pucker factor goes up to 9 :)

On the other hand, on the few occasions I've needed the horn I punch on everything on that steering wheel a few times and manage to find the bloody horn button about 3 seconds after the danger has passed.

·
Registered
708 Posts
It takes getting used to. I've replaced my stock, imitation Lotus horn with some actual horns that make sound. Couple of Hellas in the mouth. I do sometimes hit the horn by accident and the downside is that I scare the crap out of myself.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Back when I had a stock wheel the guys at Road Atlanta turn 6 must have thought I was saluting them each time I came around.

Reminded me I need to update an old embarrassing thread....

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
First time I've ever heard of that !

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Yup on occasion. It happens

·
Registered
736 Posts
Try these and see how much more attention you can get: :coolnana:

HornBlasters Shocker Classic 228VX Train Horn Kit

I'm really contemplating getting these for our Tundra and Exige. Gotta do some figuring for the Lotus application. Possibly under the front clam somewhere. Bigass bark from a little dog.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just wave at something after you honk the horn... so people think that you're waving at someone haha

·
Registered
502 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts