The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a passing thought ... if there are a couple of people looking for Evoras ... I wonder if teaming up we could get DEEP discounts!

Imagine going to the guys at Plano and asking for deep discounts if we buy 3 cars ....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kind-of a group buy for Lotus Evoras if you will ... It might work if they have a few on the lot for a while.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Interesting link, Allen. Thanks!

Have you done business with them?
the blue 11 was manufactured in july 2010! coming up on it's fourth birthday.
two of he cars are listed as manufacture buybacks.
what kind of warranty comes with these kinds of cars?
are they kept inside all the time at least?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Argh!! Where were you 15 months ago, and 9 months ago and 6 months ago!!! :D

Have you tried World Import's? I've heard they try to give their cars away. :)

Used BMW, Infiniti, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo & more in Jacksonville | World Imports USA | Serving San Marco, Palm Valley & Ponte Vedra Beach (That red 2013 IPS S has been there for a while).
how about if we offer to take all of the 11's off his hands for say 35k a piece. he's got three or four growing weeds.

anyone in?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been neg on the brown Evora at world wide imports, but their price is just to high for a manufactures buy back car ... which it is. Maybe if someone wants to team up ... we could get him down more.

Anyone looking to buy from world wide imports?

·
Registered
25 Posts
when the new exige v6 launched last year in malaysia. a group of lotus enthusiast wanted to nego with lotus and get better price for bulk purchase of the exige v6. the retail price was around 450k(all options in).

i remembered the group tried to get special discounts of 50k or 100k(less) if they get like 10 deposits. i can't recall how far it went through but at one point, i thought it might just work.

if you have the numbers, i am sure you can nego a special price with Lotus directly and fulfill through their distributor.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right now I am looking at these cars that are at dealerships with other cars:

2012 Brown IPS at world wide (FL) - they have many others

2012 Grey IPS at Scottsdale Ferrari (AZ) - they have 1 2011 S

2012 Yellow IPS at Plano (TX) - they have many others

anybody have any interest in any of these guys?

·
Registered
392 Posts

I'm most interested in the Yellow IPS. I think there's also another yellow IPS at hopper @ mckinney, tx as well.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
...if you have the numbers, i am sure you can nego a special price with Lotus directly and fulfill through their distributor.
Direct negoiations could be a violation of US franchise laws. Mazdaspeed Motosport does something similar for their racers but with a twist, price is still neogiated through a dealer but Mazda tells you price to dealer (not the same as 'invoice") for which dealer at his discretion is to pass to you. Some will some won't.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

In regards to the 2011 S at Scottsdale, they were trying to sell me a Maserati Ghibili when I was getting my last warranty issues covered in December. I asked how much my car is worth and they said a 2011 S would be worth $55k on trade. They're asking $66k for that S. So, look like they're trying to keep a $10k margin. That said, they dropped Lotus because it wasn't very profitable. So, I don't think they'll give this used one away below $60k.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
when the new exige v6 launched last year in malaysia. a group of lotus enthusiast wanted to nego with lotus and get better price for bulk purchase of the exige v6. the retail price was around 450k(all options in).

i remembered the group tried to get special discounts of 50k or 100k(less) if they get like 10 deposits. i can't recall how far it went through but at one point, i thought it might just work.

if you have the numbers, i am sure you can nego a special price with Lotus directly and fulfill through their distributor.
When purchasing a new Lotus in the US, you cannot go directly to the factory to negotiate a better deal. The chain of command IS dealer, US distributor (LCU) then Lotus factory. LCU is an extension of Lotus factory so in essence you're dealing with one in the same. That said, if you're interested in a vehicle that LCU will not carry, for example, Evora GT4? Then you can go thru the factory direct otherwise no dice as they say

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well as much as I like the the scottsdale Evora ... they really are tough to deal with. They are not moving very much at all. I guess they have not had it very long.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
With 9,144 miles on the car, that price seems a bit high.

Maybe not, but . . . .
two owners since placed in service in april. carfax is clean except that the mileage numbers don't make any sense (it lists car as having 6k miles two days after being placed in service).

advertised prices for 13 s ips with around 2k miles are now around 73 or 74. (i've seen three in the last few weeks, long island start bid is 70 with BIN at 75) some are listed higher but arent' moving (newport which lists 80k and atlanta which listed 74.5 for one with 13k miles). I think all most will sit for awhile.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts