The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just wonder if there is anybody from Canada ? I am from Montreal area and lookin for a windshield I am sure I am not the first that happen, the problem is to find that windshield, I need help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm from Canada and yesterday was getting a rock chip on the Esprit repaired. I was talking to the guys there about how difficult it would be to get a replacement windshield. Good luck.

·
Banned
938 Posts
I'm from Canada AND am still looking for the right time and the right Esprit for purchase.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm from Montreal. I have an Elise but don't know anything about windshields. Are you doing the Lotus road rally MAy 5th?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hello, just wonder if there is anybody from Canada ? I am from Montreal area and lookin for a windshield I am sure I am not the first that happen, the problem is to find that windshield, I need help.
If I needed a replacement windscreen for my Esprit, I would source one from a Lotus parts supplier in England and have it shipped over.

Lotus parts are sold at a premium in North America, I have all of the parts I require shipped over from the UK and even with exchange,shipping and duty they still are alot cheaper than from either Eastern Canada Lotus dealers GL or JS .

Then you will have to find someone to install it, and of course it will be done at your risk so If they break it your up S*it creek.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just found out that delorean and esprit have the same windshield, for what I can see delorean have a much better way to buy parts.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just found out that delorean and esprit have the same windshield, for what I can see delorean have a much better way to buy parts.
I'm pretty sure the standard DMC 12 windscreen will not fit the 1988 on Esprit without modification , even though some claim it will.

It would be a pain to get stuck with a windscreen that was of no use to you.

There is not that much parts commonality between the two cars at all, (besides the Renault transaxle and Sanden AC compressor)) I guess some jump to that conclusion because Lotus engineered the Delorean, and early prototypes were disguised as Esprits.

Lotusbits in the UK have some new Pilkington manufactured Esprit windscreens in at a very reasonable price ATM.

http://www.lotusbits.com/esprit_body_new.html

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,685 Posts
There's noone from Canada.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts