The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm visiting Seattle from north Idaho this weekend and I was hoping I might be able to get a ride or maybe if someone is really feeling generous, a test drive, in an Elise or Elise SC or anything else. I went to Lotus of Bellevue and they didn't have any Elise's that they would let me drive (all sold).

I've only ever had the opportunity to ride in an Elise for one run at an autocross years ago and would love a longer run in my dream car.

I'm up near 145th and 15th Ave staying at my sisters house through tomorrow. If anybody is interested, 509-868-7237.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
You likely have about a 0% chance of getting someone to let you drive their car.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend let me drive their brand new corvette a few months ago. He told me he wanted me to show him "what the car was capable of" because I'm a better driver than him. lol. I didn't hurt his new baby. But yes, I realize there's a slim chance. But you never know. That's why I asked for a ride too, not just a drive. I daydream about the Elise all the time, but there aren't any to test drive in north Idaho.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
If the weather holds, show up at Redmond Town Center on sat morning 9-11. If I make it, definitely track me down. If not, there will probably be a half dozen other owners there.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Do you have proof of insurance? :) By Lotus of Bellevue, I assume you mean Park Place - they are usually pretty sticky with their exotics and need to be made to believe you would actually buy the car if you liked the test drive so I am not surprised they did not let you drive it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ MotoGeek,
No, I mean only here through tomorrow Tuesday. :( It was a last minute thought to ask.

Maybe I'll have to try to track down Michael Sands... I've seen an exige in Sandpoint once, but the owner was not around to chat with.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I mean Park Place LTD. The guy didn't even ask me if I had insurance. The conversation went something like this,
Walked in, dressed my best, and said, "Hi, I'm Matt. Visiting Seattle from north Idaho and hoping to drive a Lotus while I'm over here, which has always been my dream car."
"Which one are you interested in?"
"All of them, but mostly the Elise or Elise Supercharged."
"All of our remaining Elises are sold already, so you can't drive one of those."
"What are my chances of driving the Exige or Evora then?"
"Slim to none. This isn't a test drive place."

*sigh*

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yeah, that's the sort of reaction I have experienced (though an odd counterpoint was when I went there looking to replace my S4, the guy *offered* me the Exige to test drive and then subsequently bought.) I don't quite understand them, really. On the other hand, they are pretty much the only Lotus game in town, so... :(

I can hook you up with a test drive, though it won't be much like any Elise you would get :) It would have to be this afternoon however, peferably before 3 when traffic starts to get bad.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm free before 3. :) Free until I have to pick up my sister from work at 4pm. She let me borrow her car while she is at work today (I rode over here with a friend this time around) so I could meet you somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
That grin says it all. That was a very nice thing that you did today ChronosWS. You have however, probably ruined him. Looking at the specs of your car, a stock Elise/Exige will feel like it is going backwards. Lol. I'm sure he will never forget your generosity and time.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I did repeatedly mention all the differences between my car and a stock one. He also admitted he would probably end up unsatisfied with a stock 220hp (he wants to go the Elise route.) Honestly though, with so many great aftermarket upgrade possibilities, I think this isn't a bad thing at all :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to you Chronos!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: You're incredibly generous and I'll never forget it. It was an amazing experience and without a doubt the highlight of my trip, probably the month, maybe the year? We'll see. Truly an amazing car. I want one. :p Ruined me? Most definitely. For better I'd like to think. Glad that I didn't run it into a telephone pole. :)

My sister's Elantra really felt like a boat on the drive home. lol.

Someday when I get a Lotus I'll be sure to let you drive it too.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Someday when I get a Lotus I'll be sure to let you drive it too.
Particularly if you get an older Esprit or any of the new models, I will hold you to that :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What I'll probably end up with is a 2006-2008 Elise in Laser Blue w/ the VF supercharger setup on it. That's been my desire for a long time and after feeling your power I think I just might need that extra power. I wasn't sure before if the 220 would be enough or not. But I should have known...it's never enough. :D

·
give me my second cam!
438 Posts
I am glad that someone actually let you drive one so that you can see what its really truly all about. If you make it to So Cal your more than welcome to drive mine,but its just a N/A 05 but still fun though. My friend let me test drive his S260 sport and man was I hooked!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Back at work in Idaho today and showing the pictures to all my co-workers. They're all pretty jealous, and excited for me. :) They all know I've wanted the Lotus for a long time. Even the screen saver pics on my work computer are of Elise and Exiges. :D
:coolnana:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts