The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very happy for you that you got your test-drive!

I am in Trail BC so if I roll through your neck of the woods with the elise this summer I'll try and give you the heads up.

Are you going to be autocrossing at Deer Park this year?
I run the red MR2 SC and I have met you a couple of times there.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'll probably be there only a couple of times this year, if at all. They cut me back to part time at work so my budget is incredibly tight right now and I really shouldn't be spending a bunch of money on racing this year. Entrance fees would be coming out of my savings account, and that's a one-way flow right now and so I'm really trying to be careful about spending even small amounts of money like that. It all adds up. :(

Hopefully I don't get to the point where my car purchase savings start getting eaten into just to keep my head above water, which would delay the Elise purchase out even further. :sad:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Last year I barely even added the MR2 onto insurance. I got a motorcycle so was enjoying that so much all summer that I barely drove the MR2 and didn't see the point in paying $130/mo in insurance on something I was barely using. Finally did use it a little in the fall though.
And I did take my wifes DD Mazdaspeed6 to the autocross once last year. Had a lot of fun with that, but it's got pretty crappy tires on it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Last year I barely even added the MR2 onto insurance. I got a motorcycle so was enjoying that so much all summer that I barely drove the MR2 and didn't see the point in paying $130/mo in insurance on something I was barely using. Finally did use it a little in the fall though.
And I did take my wifes DD Mazdaspeed6 to the autocross once last year. Had a lot of fun with that, but it's got pretty crappy tires on it.
Race the bike instead. It's cheaper and more challenging. And more fun.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I would love it if they allowed bikes to compete in the autocrosses. But no such luck.
But, it's not a sport bike. Dual sport, since I live out in the boonies on a gravel road and it gives me a more comfortable riding position for hwy commuting. 2004 Suzuki V-Strom 650.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I forgot to mention, after having such a big grin on my face for an hour straight, my face hurt on my drive home. lol. Strained those muscles. :D That's a good burn!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm really glad you got to drive one, good man chronos. My good friend let me drive his elise a few times and I am still trying to find the ONE !

BTW i'll be stationed at Kitsap Naval Base for the next 2.5 years so i'll see you all at the track !

·
Registered
403 Posts
Very nice of Chronos to do that for you, hope you bought him a beer.

In the three years I've had my Lotus, I've let a few women drive it but never another dude. If the date was going well and they asked to drive it, I'd let them as long as they could drive a manual. Never let another guy drive it though...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts