The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to buy a true HID kit for it before they all get taken off the mkt since technically they are illegal now...if nobody does this until next yr, I can be the guinea pig...:)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
European cars use:

H1 - Low beam (projector unit)
H7 - High beam (reflector)
H3 - Optional driving light (reflector)

Good chance that the Fed-Elise is the same. Might even retain the european beam pattern because of the DOT exemptions on the car.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
mact3333 said:
thanks Arno!...an interesting auction on ebay...[/url]
Brought to you by the same people that bring us:LED Spinning Brake Lights, Tire Valve Lights (for the all powerful Sentra no less), "Chrome" lights, and Washer Nozzle LEDs.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really impressed by their products, and their knowledge of lighting products...:huh:

There is a lot more to automotive lighting than the brightness of the bulbs, or the "color value" (hint: "white" light really isn't good for night vision - blue is even worse). I want (and have bought for other cars) good "E-Code" spec. lights - ones with quality lenses, that project a better light pattern on the road than US specifications allow. I hope (and suspect) that the Elises lights are "E-Code" and that should have a good pattern. A few more weeks, and we'll know.

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TimMullen said:
Brought to you by the same people that bring us:LED Spinning Brake Lights, Tire Valve Lights (for the all powerful Sentra no less), "Chrome" lights, and Washer Nozzle LEDs.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really impressed by their products, and their knowledge of lighting products...:huh:

There is a lot more to automotive lighting than the brightness of the bulbs, or the "color value" (hint: "white" light really isn't good for night vision - blue is even worse). I want (and have bought for other cars) good "E-Code" spec. lights - ones with quality lenses, that project a better light pattern on the road than US specifications allow. I hope (and suspect) that the Elises lights are "E-Code" and that should have a good pattern. A few more weeks, and we'll know.

Tim Mullen
Tim, shouldnt you inspect the products first hand before bashing it?. Can you judge the HID kit cause the distributor also sells cheaper bulbs and such?. You do realize that resellers all get their ultinon bulbs from the Philips factory and are just rebased by different vendors?. I for one would like to see and feel the product before the making judgement. BTW, I bought that exact same kit twice and the bulbs are true Philips 6000K ultinons. They have the maroon salt crystals and the blue/purple ground wire running down it. I have owned 3 sets of ultinons and I can tell you that those bulbs are the real deal. As for the ballast, it is made by Philips, the best out there along with Hella. So it must be the wires that are bad?...:). This kit and other Philips products have been extensively discussed on automotive forums, which I used to participate on regularly long before this message board has been up and running.

Yes, I have seen alot of nice E-codes retros on Accords and Toyotas...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts