The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for any links to perhaps a PDF file of fed. Elise owners manual.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I haven't seen anything like this posted, and expect it'll be some time before copies become available. The only people that possess those manuals, the new Elise owners, would generally rather be out driving their cars than sitting at a computer scanning. Maybe wait until winter hits in the Northern states and those Elise owners will find time to do this. ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe we should take up a paypal collection and first owner with nothing better to do and scans eintire manual gets the cash???...:):)...I'll donate 20.00.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Since this is a rainy day in So Cal, I thought I would scan a pdf of my manual for you guys.....but I need some help here.

I'm scanning from Photoshop and don't want to "save as"/rotate 90 CCW... 192 times and end up with 192 different files in a folder. How do I scan each page and end up with one file that you can scroll down through?

Sorry...I'd like to help, but I'm not a computer whiz!

Ron

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pianomaniac said:
Since this is a rainy day in So Cal, I thought I would scan a pdf of my manual for you guys.....but I need some help here.

I'm scanning from Photoshop and don't want to "save as"/rotate 90 CCW... 192 times and end up with 192 different files in a folder. How do I scan each page and end up with one file that you can scroll down through?

Ron

Ron, cant help much with Photoshop tips but I know it will take a long time for you to do this and will be a PITA...perhaps we really can take up a collection for you to do this...why dont you charge for it cause I would be willing to pay for it...I hate to admit this but while I have sat in the car, havent driven it yet so dont even know how to get into reverse yet...some of us have to buy this car on faith cause we dont have a dealer near us...anyone else willing to pay Ron do scan the manual????

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
pianomaniac said:

Ron
Ron, many scanners come with software that allows you to scan directly to a file in .pdf format (as opposed to "acquiring" it from within a program like PS). I don't have one here today with me, so I don't know whether it supports multi-page .pdf files, but I think it does.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
You're already likely to get into legal trouble for distributing copyrighted material like this, the LAST thing you want to do is charge for it as that'll make it only worse!

If you're on a Mac, this is easy:
- Scan to Preview
- Print to PDF
- Use CombinePDF to combine them all into one document.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Never mind that, it's even easier: with my scanner (HP PSC2110), I have the scan to option of "PDF to Acrobat reader". Use that for each page, combine PDFs, pretty simple...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wasnt really thinking about the copyright issue...we know Lotus doesnt read this board as our complaints have been futile so its ok...:D :D :D

ok, guess Piano has to do it for free...:)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
My scanning software isn't giving me the option to save multiple pdf's or to combine them.

Also, without reloading the scanner's software, I don't have the option of running it independantly of Photoshop.

Sorry.....:(

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I can combine PDFs into one using Adobe Distiller.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We have a high speed scanner that will create a single large PDF.

Hmmm....do I want to take apart my manual?

:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts