The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Wow..he even said it in the TITLE !! Ultimate Tim Magnet !!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I'd like to switch to the R888's, but I want to stick with the touring wheels.
:thwack:No such thing as Touring wheels. The Touring Pack is an interior trim option. Your car has Stock/Standard/Base Package wheels.

In before touring wheels flame
I always considered them to be a gentle whap up the side of the head, not a flame...:D

I think Tim Mullen is running them.
Nope, I have stock tires on my Base Package Elise...

·
Registered
856 Posts
You should go to the Toyo Tires web page and see what they say about the 195 tire and what wheel widths it fits on.

LOTS of people use the A048 on the base wheel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thwack:No such thing as Touring wheels. The Touring Pack is an interior trim option. Your car has Stock/Standard/Base Package wheels.

I always considered them to be a gentle whap up the side of the head, not a flame...:D

Thanks Tim. Even though they don't exist, you knew what I was talking about. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts

Tim,

I know what you mean but there is no such thing as Base Package. Standard or Stock car is probably more like it but package implies a cost. :mw:

·
Registered
38 Posts
195 fits on a Touring Rim

I'm running 195 on the touring rims without issue. No rubbing no turning issues. Running 245x40s on the rear. No problems.

Have a new set of 2 Bridgestone 245x45 for sale. They have 20 miles on them.

$100.00 + shipping for the pair.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Tim,

I know what you mean but there is no such thing as Base Package. Standard or Stock car is probably more like it but package implies a cost. :mw:
Oh, there is a cost. You have to constantly point out that there is no Touring Tires/Wheels. ;)

I'm running 195 on the touring rims without issue.
:thwack: Except for getting thwacked for calling them Touring Rims.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
It's not Friday........it's Thwackday !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts