The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Speed TV's "SuperCars Exposed" episode last night when, lo and behold, on comes Shinoo with the show's host, Tanner Foust, test driving an Ariel Atom.

Filming was done outside Sector 111's offices. Shinoo discusses the car a bit and then lets Tanner take off in the Atom. Within 5 minutes he is pulled over by a cop!

Great show actually, featured other interesting cars including a Konigsegg CCX.

Good stuff, Shinoo! :clap:

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I saw it and enjoyed the episode. That Ultima was pretty sweet too.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
anyone have a youtube link yet ??

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yes. Saw it. Great episode.

Wayne, sorry to be off topic but are you still doing the plaque for us? I've send you a PM a few weeks ago. Thanks :bow:.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wayne, sorry to be off topic but are you still doing the plaque for us? I've send you a PM a few weeks ago. Thanks :bow:.
Hi Richard,
Yes, I'm still doing them. Was in Japan and out of town over the past few weeks, so I have some catching up to do.

I'll get on it ASAP.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Hi Richard,
Yes, I'm still doing them. Was in Japan and out of town over the past few weeks, so I have some catching up to do.

I'll get on it ASAP.

Regards,
Wayne
Oh please take your time. I just wanted to make sure you are still doing these for us. My new car without your plaque will just not be the same :bow:.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The few shows were awful, but it's definately getting better. Though I should probably stop comparing it to Top Gear!

Last night's was one of the best. Cool to see Sector in there.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I just caught the replay on speed and of course had to do a quick search so that I wouldn't repost. Jeez I always thought Shinoo was a short japanese guy ;). Looks like sector111 has a pretty nice shop and location if thats where the ariel atom portion was shot at.

RB

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just caught the replay on speed and of course had to do a quick search so that I wouldn't repost. Jeez I always thought Shinoo was a short japanese guy ;). Looks like sector111 has a pretty nice shop and location if thats where the ariel atom portion was shot at.

RB
I didn't know how to pronounce his name until I saw the segment on Supercars. For some reason I always thought it was "Shy-Know". :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The cars are great but IMO Tanner is just not good at the job. He's not a charismatic TV personality and he doesn't really say anything of substance about the cars. He's taken the American car rag approach and just saying the same old trite crap about each car so he won't upset the owners and lose potential future rides.

He reviewed 4 or 5 cars that I really like and want to hear about but IIRC, each drive went like this "This car is great. The transmission is really easy to use."

Oh yeah, and then an obligatory 0-60 quote for each car.

I think his audience is:
1) small
2) well informed
3) because of 1 and 2, would enjoy a deeper and more technical discussion about what each car handles like.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
summary of each show:

"coming up today on the show...."
opening credits
brief bit of tanner showing off
"coming up in next segment..."
commercial break
"here's what happened in last segment"
something about the car of the day
a mothers graphic 'presented by mothers' showing the mothers 0-60
"coming up in next segment..."
commercial break
"here's what happened in last segment"

rinse repeat....

Despite all it's flaws, I still watch it, there's maybe 5 minutes of content wrapped in 25 minutes of commercials and fluff. But that's why I record it rather than watch it live.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts