The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a CarFax account who's willing to run a vehicle for me? (non-Lotus).
Please PM me for VIN.
Thanks for help!

·
Registered
244 Posts
FWIW I would take the Carfax data with a grain of salt. I purchased a 30-day account and was pretty disappointed with it.

Specifically, I had an accident in my Audi A4 that resulted in some pretty extensive repairs including frame damage. Looking at the Carfax report it did show that the car was at the dealership at that time and listed a couple of non-accident related repairs. However, it did NOT state any of the body damage, that the car was in an accident at all, or that the frame was damaged.

Not sure what everyone else's experience was, but that's my story.

FWIW - i think they charge you $25 for a single report or $30 for unlimited access for a single month. I figured given the cost of a car it was worth the $30. I will say that it's nice to see who the previous owners were, what the mileage history was. I had one car that I was looking at until I discovered that it had been a rental car so that was worth the $ right there.

·
Registered
391 Posts
FWIW I would take the Carfax data with a grain of salt. I purchased a 30-day account and was pretty disappointed with it.

Specifically, I had an accident in my Audi A4 that resulted in some pretty extensive repairs including frame damage. Looking at the Carfax report it did show that the car was at the dealership at that time and listed a couple of non-accident related repairs. However, it did NOT state any of the body damage, that the car was in an accident at all, or that the frame was damaged.

Not sure what everyone else's experience was, but that's my story.

FWIW - i think they charge you $25 for a single report or $30 for unlimited access for a single month. I figured given the cost of a car it was worth the $30. I will say that it's nice to see who the previous owners were, what the mileage history was. I had one car that I was looking at until I discovered that it had been a rental car so that was worth the $ right there.
How much time was there between the accident and the purchase of the CarFax account? Maybe it takes a while before the info is entered into the "system"?!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I've said it many times...

A Carfax report is simply a tool to be used when checking out a car.

A clean Carfax report doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the car.

A bad Carfax report means that something happened and the car needs to be checked carefully.

A only "negative" information on a Carfax report should be used; no information is not a "positive".

·
Registered
244 Posts
How much time was there between the accident and the purchase of the CarFax account? Maybe it takes a while before the info is entered into the "system"?!
three years

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allright, my second attempt to buy a used Beamer. It's derious this time, we agreed to buy the car if mileage and state of car agrees with pic's in the advertisement and if the car drives as it should be.
Buyer said he didn't had accidents. Can anybody run this VIN for me as a first initial check?

WBAVB73577VF49613

Thanks! Enrico

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
it's a used 07 335i manual Sometimes if you just google the vin you can find things like police reports or old advertisements, stuff like that. I don't have any useful info for you though...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TTT

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump

1 - 10 of 10 Posts