·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Those are hideous and just plain weird

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha wow I wasn't expecting so much negativity towards these things. I was hesitant at first as well, but after trying them on and walking around for a while I was sold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven´t seen those before. They look... well... different! I don´t know if that´s a good or bad thing since I haven´t tried them but the best driving shoes are low, flexible ones that allow you to feel what your feet are doing, like the Sparco ones that racedrivers use. That said I think these are at least as good as those, maybe even better. They are probably much better than normal shoes with hard sole.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just drive bare foot. You dont have to look like an idiot. Specialized shoes are as lame as driving gloves.
I run errands in my car, and needless to say most places don't appreciate you walking inside barefoot, and I personally don't have any desire to walk across hot asphalt barefoot or walk around barefoot in these public places either.

These aren't primarily driving shoes. I actually primarily got these for the lake and I also run in them, as they are lightweight and promote a healthy running style that minimizes harsh impact on your joints that you often experience in typical running shoes. I just recently realized that they are also fantastic driving shoes for, you know, those times that you have to wear shoes.

However, I greatly appreciate knowing that you think of somebody you've never met nor talked to as looking like an "idiot" because of the type of shoes he wears while driving a car. :rolleyes:

I haven´t seen those before. They look... well... different! I don´t know if that´s a good or bad thing since I haven´t tried them but the best driving shoes are low, flexible ones that allow you to feel what your feet are doing, like the Sparco ones that racedrivers use. That said I think these are at least as good as those, maybe even better. They are probably much better than normal shoes with hard sole.
The looks are subjective, yes. But for those people who have actually given them a chance, I haven't heard anything but positive reviews for them.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just don't try running in them for more than about 100 yards, if you value your calf muscles.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just don't try running in them for more than about 100 yards, if you value your calf muscles.
As long as you aren't over-striding I have had no problem whatsoever running in these. If you are over-striding then the problem is beyond what type of shoe you are wearing.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The pedals in Exige are in tight configuration. I am not sure if these would work for me. These create more spacing between your toes. Just too wide.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To be honest, if someone thinks people wearing these are idiots then it is him that´s the idiot :thwack: We are made to walk barefoot, we´ve been doing it for a very, very long time. The fact that we´ve recently discovered (modern) shoes doesn´t change that, out body hasn´t adapted to shoes yet, so, our feet still work best with nothing around them. It´s as simple as that, evolution people!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'm glad it's just not my opinion!

Those are hideous and just plain weird
I don't have any trouble driving the car with steel toe work boots, so I don't see a need for fancy shoes JUST for driving. I suppose if I was competing I'd put on sneakers then though.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
A few things:

- haven't driven with them.

- yes, they look weird

- I can always rely on Hello Kitty to bring the crazy

- I have a pair that I keep at my lake house. There are tons of rocky streams, etc around there and my kids love catching frogs, crayfish, etc. Flip flops or Crocs fall off and are dangerous. Running shoes get wet. Five Fingers are great for foraging through rocky creeks to chase frogs.

As for wearing them on the street? Prolly not.

BTW, one of our neighbors (the wife) wears Crocs out - we are talking at the mall, at Starbucks, etc. Women that wear Crocs 'out' (and not around the house are yard) are asexual! :)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
BTW, I know everyone loves Pilotis or Puma Speedcats for driving, but for me, the best I've come across are the Puma H Streets. Dirt cheap ($40) and literally weigh nothing:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The pedals in Exige are in tight configuration. I am not sure if these would work for me. These create more spacing between your toes. Just too wide.

Valid point, and it may be an issue to some. FWIW I mostly wear a size 13 shoe (forgot what size that is in these) but haven't had any problems in driving the vehicle. However, for some that space their feet especially far apart, I could see you getting some rubbing on the right side of your right shoe.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Haven't tried driving in them, but I have learned to love running in them. As for the calf muscles...yes, they will be hurting the first few times you use them and don't expect to run as far as you normally do after first making the change. You use different parts of the muscle in these so it takes time to break into them, but after that they're great.

Yes, you do get more attention while running in them...but then again how many on this board are really concerned with wearing or driving something a little different/attention getting?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts