The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Wizard Cooling radiator and I ran into a little problem. I was so concerned with all of the brackets and mounts that go on this radiator fitting right that I never thought to check the clearance around the hose connection before I installed it. Now that it's installed I discovered that there is interference between the fan bracket and radiator hose. Before I call Wizard cooling and bitch I would love to hear from anyone else who has this radiator, is this how your radiator looked? If so, what did you do about it? Or did I get a reject. Not looking forward to removing this again if I need to.
Notice the spacing between the bracket and hose connection on the original with the plastic tanks and the aftermarket aluminum radiator.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would trim so that hose does not have interference at those points..I would call just to verify with Wizard...What did radiator cost??
And other than this issue everything else fits and connects??.Are you replacing hoses at this point??

·
Vendor
1,219 Posts
I would suggest the same as above.
We worked with Wizard to develop that radiator and didnt have that issue before --looks like the inlet/outlet was placed too low on the end tank.
I will shoot them an email also so that this made sure not to happen moving forward.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I don't make radiators for a living, but I do make stuff for a living. Looking at that radiator, it does not look mis assembled. It looks mis designed. I wonder if after initial form fit function it was changed for an ease of manufacturing issue, and the hose fitting moved. Look at how the original the hose is tangent or even proud of the surface. The Wizard it is well below and the hose fitting would not even cover the hole if the hole was in the right place.

Not tryong to be over critical of Wizard, just that someone should verify what is going on or they are going to get a bunch of returns. The clamp won't even go over the hose in this one

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would trim so that hose does not have interference at those points..I would call just to verify with Wizard...What did radiator cost??
And other than this issue everything else fits and connects??.Are you replacing hoses at this point??
I am not planning on replacing the hoses. I will probably just trim the aluminum back but that will weaken the fan support, just wondering if they all look like this. Cost was around $700

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Definitely call Wizard just after you email them the pictures of the problem. There is something completely wrong with that setup. I wouldn't accept any part that fit that poorl.

·
Vendor
1,219 Posts
Ive already spoke to Scott at Wizard about this -- he said they would be happy to modify/remake the end tank if you would like. Major pain to remove it at this point but its an option.
He will be double checking the prints for these and future builds as well.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I have one but it was installed by the dealer. I believe that they said that it needed a couple of minor mods to fit but I don't know what those were. I vaguely remember them saying something like drilling a couple of extra holes. But I could be wrong. Before I bought the rad I talked to the company and they were very friendly and forthcoming with information. BTW I've had it for 5 or 6 years now and more than 100,000 km on it, all trouble free.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I have one but it was installed by the dealer. I believe that they said that it needed a couple of minor mods to fit but I don't know what those were. I vaguely remember them saying something like drilling a couple of extra holes. But I could be wrong. Before I bought the rad I talked to the company and they were very friendly and forthcoming with information. BTW I've had it for 5 or 6 years now and more than 100,000 km on it, all trouble free.
Hi David, that radiator is for an Evora, not the Elise like we have. 😁

1 - 10 of 10 Posts