The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that nothing came of this post and a quick search uncovered nothing; I figure I'll ask in here.

Anyone added cruise control yet? If so, by who? Do you have pics of the controller? and How much did it run you (if you don't mind sharing)?

Save your "purist" comments - CC only adds a few lbs and is quite handy when you drive in a straight line for hours at a time. ;)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i don't know that the added weight would be as much as a few pounds. the reason i would consider cruise control is not the normal reason but rather to keep me from sneaking up to 90mph on longer drives

·
Registered
409 Posts
BrianK said:
Save your "purist" comments - CC only adds a few lbs and is quite handy when you drive in a straight line for hours at a time. ;)
I didn't think American interstates were empty enough for cruise control anymore?

I drove on a lot of straight, flat interstates in the past week but spots where cruise control was handy were very few and far between.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Re: Re: Anyone added cruise control yet?

rob said:
I didn't think American interstates were empty enough for cruise control anymore?

I drove on a lot of straight, flat interstates in the past week but spots where cruise control was handy were very few and far between.
I don't use cruise very often, but my wife does. On 96 between Grand Rapids and Detroit you can set the cruise and never touch the brakes if things go your way. Same for 75 south of Toledo (for a looong way).

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

rob said:
Last time I drove across country I use the cruise control. Once I got out of the Virginia/Pennsylvania area, it was pretty good - at least outside of cities. By the time I hit Indiana, it was cruise control all day long for hundreds of miles at a time.

The US is pretty sparse once you get away from the east coast or out of Southern California.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Anyone added cruise control yet?

TimMullen said:
The US is pretty sparse once you get away from the east coast or out of Southern California.
I stand corrected :bow:

I'm not debating if it's sparse. I'm just relating my experiences driving in the past year. I've been on interstates in places like Oregon, Montana, Arizona, and Colorado far from major cities and I've still been uncomfortable with cruise control.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Evl said:
No kidding I remember some white knuckle driving in kansas of all places when I saw the "next service in 30 miles" sign about 10 miles after the gas light went on. :(
Reminds me of the 'no all-night services for the next 78 miles' sign about sixty miles north of Albany, New York, on the way to Montreal.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Anyone added cruise control yet?

NMRJock said:
I don't use cruise very often, but my wife does. On 96 between Grand Rapids and Detroit you can set the cruise and never touch the brakes if things go your way. Same for 75 south of Toledo (for a looong way).
So my question is this, particularly on the Grand Rapids trip. Does this mean people behind you have to touch their brakes?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts

rob said:

:wallbang:
Try the Land of Oz. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts