The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been in a few really dark places and the interior light aint worth jack.
Thought it might be worth rigging some up perhaps a single led on each side to light the foot well up a bit?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I considered it, but decided it wasn't worth the effort. If you do this, you can tap into the illumination lead at the stereo.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, Please.... I am talking one LED. Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo all have them. Not blue or anything cheezy. Orange to match the guages...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Well I think it's a good idea. Go for it.

Personally I'm lazy and just have a very small LED flashlight in the center console.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I've had some orange ones sitting here for about 2 years now. lol. On one hand I'd like some light. On the other I know the degree of being called out for being a ricer I'd have to endure. haha

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I still use my original key with the built in light.
Are you saying your key has a light built-into it? Or by built-in are you referring to the interior light of the Lotus (behind the driver)? My key does not have a light built-into it. I have an '05 model, if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Are you saying your key has a light built-into it? Or by built-in are you referring to the interior light of the Lotus (behind the driver)? My key does not have a light built-into it. I have an '05 model, if that makes a difference.
My 05 key does. It barely works, but it sort of illuminates.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My 05 key does. It barely works, but it sort of illuminates.
Eh, lucky me, I didn't get keys with built-in lights. I just went and checked both keys to make sure I wasn't missing something. Sure would be nice to have a little extra light there at night. As soon as I tilt my body slightly to be able to see the keyhole, I wind up blocking the light behind me. Not that big of a deal, as I don't drive too much at night--the nocturnal deer around here would likely destroy the Lotus and kill me in the process.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Been in a few really dark places and the interior light aint worth jack.
Thought it might be worth rigging some up perhaps a single led on each side to light the foot well up a bit?
Why don't you get one of these? They work great in the engine bay, so if you stick one onto the side rail in the footwell you should have some good lighting.

Enough colors, so you can match your car/interior! :D

Regards,
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Eh, lucky me, I didn't get keys with built-in lights. I just went and checked both keys to make sure I wasn't missing something.
The very early cars had them, the rest have just had the plain old boring keys ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts