The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
They claim the largest collection of Lotus cars:
Barber : Home

So I was thinking it might be worth a road trip at some point (CT to AL).

Anyone been? Is it worth it?
Yes and YES!

Lotus significant enough that the LOG was there a couple years ago.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Thanks! Any Esprits?
I don't recall any when I was there, but that may have changed.

It's mostly Lotus race cars, and there were not really many racing Esprits of note with the exception of the X180R's, most of which are in private hands in the mid Atlantic area.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes it is a must to go! Mostly Lotus race cars, my favorite being a Type 47 Europa. Its a great museum!! I went about 5 years ago before I even had my Lotus. My dad and I drove his Elise down and back all in one day from TN. We had a blast!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Excellent museum. It is well laid out, the building is architecturally interesting, real thought went into the displays and it has a view of the track,

They just recently had a "For the Love of Lotus" event where the united a newly restored Mk IX with one of its original owners. A few Lotus fanatics work or volunteer at the museum.

The museum sends a display item to most of the LOGs. Pretty cool stuff such as the afore mentioned Mk IX, Coventry Climax fire pump, Lotus ultralight aircraft engine...

They seem to have most of my favorite bikes on display: Honda 400, Ducatti SS, Moto Guzzi Le Manse, Yamaha RD500LC, Laverda tripple...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Absolutely a must see.

I'm bias though since I live in Birmingham. If the Loti don't get you, the motorcycles will. Really an unbelievable place.

A couple weekends ago they had a "For the love of Lotus" event celebrating the completion of the restoration of a MK 10. They even brought down the 1st owner in the USA that bought the car from England in 1959 (for $2700) and raced it in the Northeast for 4-5 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I hate that I didn't get to go to the museum this weekend. Was too busy with the track day and ran out of time. My friend who went down a day earlier went and was impressed. Got to see the pictures through him. Next time I'll leave a day early and go in to see it myself.
The track is fun also...must experience. INSTAGRIN!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate that I didn't get to go to the museum this weekend. Was too busy with the track day and ran out of time. My friend who went down a day earlier went and was impressed. Got to see the pictures through him. Next time I'll leave a day early and go in to see it myself.
The track is fun also...must experience. INSTAGRIN!!
Did you have to join a club to drive on the track, or can you just show up and drive?

·
Registered
99 Posts
It was a NASA event. So you have to join their club. There is another group going here soon like someone mentioned a few posts up. I don't think NASA is going anymore this year so I jumped on it.
Look up nasaproracing.com for schedules. I'm in nasa-se since I live in TN.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.