The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cames across a few ebay auctions for Samco Silicone hose sets for 2.2L Lotus Esprits.

Lotus Esprit 2.2L Turbo Silicone Radiator Coolant Hose Kit Pipe Red | eBay

I'm collectiing all the parts for performing a Service C, and I figured that I have to drain the coolant and pull some of the coolant lines.....this would be a good opportunity to add a new set of hoses.

I know that Samco hoses are very popular with other cars, and the silicone construction should make them more durable than the stock rubber lines.

Anyone have any experiance with these hoses on the Esprits?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I bought a silicone set from JAE in past. The Samco set looks to have one or two extra. Their picture looks like the hoses are similar size which would be incorrect, however I suspect they just put pics together.

A lot of the hoses are extremely hard to replace with the engine in, and that is even more true with silicone. Also most older hoses I have seen actually look not too bad. I only ended up replacing 2 of the easier ones.

Put the rest on my S4 when we had the motor out which was easy.

Randy

·
Registered
156 Posts
I put them in when I had the engine out over the winter, I actually found them cheaper using this site Lotus Esprit-Lotus Esprit Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com

I was alittle skeptical at first never using the site, but I ordered them and they sent updates on shipment time just as an ebay seller would and two weeks later I had them....think i paid 125 shipped for the whole set. The only thing I didn't use is the ones off the radiator, looking at the size of the hose they expect you to cut the metal pipe where it goes into the tunnel under the car, I figured metal is better than rubber or silicone. But the hoses themselves are good quality, double walled very durable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was alittle skeptical at first never using the site, but I ordered them and they sent updates on shipment time just as an ebay seller would and two weeks later I had them....think i paid 125 shipped for the whole set. The only thing I didn't use is the ones off the radiator, looking at the size of the hose they expect you to cut the metal pipe where it goes into the tunnel under the car, I figured metal is better than rubber or silicone. But the hoses themselves are good quality, double walled very durable.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember the sellers username? There are a few on there...

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think the ones are ebay are actually real Samco hoses. Who knows? Maybe they are made at the same factory that makes the "Samco" hoses. I am skeptical because Samco doesn't list any hoses for the Lotus Esprit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a full set off ebay, blue silicon hoses all good quality. There were from a company called Autobahn88, they have a website too I believe. The radiaotor hoses they supply go all the way from the radiator to the chassis tunnel pipes. The hoses they supply can be easily cut to fit the metal pipe sections if you have them, my 88 Turbo has some short metal sections.

Not Samco, but seem very good quality, fit well and reasonably priced. Delivery to Austraia was in less than a week, and comminucations very good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think it was F-moto machinery.....im not quite sure though, that was the first and only time i've used that site and I went onto my account and my contact person was Winnie Lee, but im guessing she was just someone that works for that company. To be honest I don't know exactly how that site works, seems a little like ebay but yet nothing at all like it if that makes any sense. I figured I would give it a shot seeing as JAE wanted over 400 for their set, it came to 139 shipped from this site and it was at my door in two weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts