The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to attempt to purchase a 2005 lotus they have for sale.

I prefer buying through a dealer, as I'd like to trade in the 2005 Honda S2000 I have. I still owe $10k on it, so I'd like to take the difference I get back from the trade-in value and put that into the lotus -and finance the rest, possibly throw in $1000 or two.

So, I was wondering if anybody has been through this process with them, and what it was like. I'm also wondering if anyone has a good guess as to how much I'll get for the S2000 (clean carfax, no accidents, 32k miles, excellent condition).

:)

Can't wait for the lotus dream to come true (I've been waiting a while). Hope this is the one!

thanks,

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
One of the members here works for them in sales.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard (and read) good, reputable things about them. Just wondering what their trade-in/finance process was like, since they definitely don't seem like the standard brick and mortar dealership that gives you 0% financing on the spot in 5 minutes. :)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Good luck and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - what a day.

Patelco gave us $30k, but reneg'ed when they couldn't find "Lotus" on KBB and decided it was an exotic.

Still, dawydiak let me take the car home on dealer "borrowed car", as they were pretty confident they could find a lender to work out the financing. :)

This car is incredible. The stage 2 is a tad loud for my tastes, but I love the car! Will post more when the deal is finalized. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Finally - she's mine!

Sorinne at Dawydiak was *excellent* to work with. We were likely the worst, PITA customers due to our credit union being so anal retentive - but she was so patient, returned every call, and was on top of everything. It was obvious she was fueled by passion for these cars, and I felt that I could trust her every last bit of the way.

I would NOT hestitate to give cars dawydiak my business. Walter was an amazingly accomodating and nice guy who treated us with the same respect, trust, and attention he would give to another wealthier, cash paying customer.

Two thumbs up for Cars dawydiak!

Eye of Lotus on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
btw - I'd probably like to trade my stage II exhaust for a stocker if anyone is interested. :) The stage II sounds great, but being so loud, I feel that the car is working way too hard to get going. Would like a stealthier exhaust :)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
congrats. Hope to catch up with you on a NorCal Lotus event!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Hiding the sound won't actually make the engine work any less you know. You just won't hear it working as much, that's all.

xtn

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Congrats. You need to change your user handle from "no elise yet"

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hiding the sound won't actually make the engine work any less you know. You just won't hear it working as much, that's all.

xtn
Yeah - I know. It's just a psychological thing for me. :)

Thanks all!

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Congrats again! You and Kat are not PITA. It was a total pleasure to meet you both and glad it worked out. Enjoy your Elise in good health. ::shift:

Finally - she's mine!

Sorinne at Dawydiak was *excellent* to work with. We were likely the worst, PITA customers due to our credit union being so anal retentive - but she was so patient, returned every call, and was on top of everything. It was obvious she was fueled by passion for these cars, and I felt that I could trust her every last bit of the way.

I would NOT hestitate to give cars dawydiak my business. Walter was an amazingly accomodating and nice guy who treated us with the same respect, trust, and attention he would give to another wealthier, cash paying customer.

Two thumbs up for Cars dawydiak!

Eye of Lotus on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts