The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey LT'ers. I've have my '05 AR Elise for over 5 yrs and love it. I'm getting back from depoyment soon and will be trading my '07 E350 in for an Evora so I can stay true to Lotus.

I've been researching them online and it seems as though there are a couple of cheaper Evora's being sold from World Imports in JVille, FL. Has anyone ever dealt with them or heard of anything from them before?? Is World Imports Lemontown USA??

I'm on the West Coast and I'm trying to decide if it's worth a plane ticket out there and a cross country drive back.

Any insight would greatly impact my decision! Thanks everyone! :nanner2:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ehh, its a mixed bag with them. Some people have had very good experiences with them, but personally they always seemed a bit sleazy. I ended up purchasing my car from a private seller in Chicago and just skipping them entirely. Keep in mind that besides the very limited amount of Lotuses that they sell as a "Dealership" they deal exclusively in pre-owned vehicles. Take my word with a grain of salt though because I have never actually bought anything from them, but just while browsing had a less than stellar experience. So :shrug:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Talked to an Evora owner recently at a car show who purchased his car from them and seemed quite happy with the experience. He did say that they list cars on their site which have previously been sold so their inventory looks larger than it is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My car was serviced there, and I've dealt with them on the phone when originally purchasing mine from a private party. They provided me all of the backlogs regarding service and such.

My experience was that they were extremely helpful and friendly over the phone, but since I only had basic maintenance done to it since I've been the owner, I can't speak to that.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I live just in Jacksonville and I have to agree with Tarek. I have talked to people that said never buy from them "they wouldn't even let me test drive the car" or they had a "great" experience. When I was in the market for an 05-07 Elise I visited them as they had 2 listed on there website but the one I was interested in was sold and the other was a 09 SC. The sales staff just did not seem that helpful. I got my Elise from Austin Martin/Lotus of Orlando which has a very helpful and friendly sales staff.

I did have a chance to deal with World Imports service department also. I had to have my thermostat replaced, oil change, and ECU dump which they did. They also did some extra stuff they did not clear through me such as replace a head lamp light bulb with they charged me out the a$$ for which I could have done myself and they broke my air conditioning. When I called the service manager about the broken A/C he told me that "It didn't work when you brought it in." It did work perfectly when I brought it in. So instead of wasting my time with them I troubleshoot the A/C and after several hours I found that the so called technician had unplugged the compressor while working on the thermostat but did not bother to plug it back in. To make a long story short I would not buy from them and I will avoid bringing my car into there service department unless I have no other choice. YMMV.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My experience was good...

I bought my 2009 AR Elise SC from World Imports in Jax about a year ago and I had a very good buying experience. I dealt with Jimmy Sheets, the dealership's "Lotus guy." My advice is to ask for him; he's been a straight shooter as far as I'm concerned and he knows Lotus cars well.

Since I've had my car, it's been in WI's shop a couple of times for routine maintenance stuff and so far, so good, but then, the service end of things is not really your question.

Sorry to hear others have not had a wonderful experience, but I'd say the same will probably be said of pretty much any dealership.

Last time I was in there, they had three or four Elises and about as many Evoras...I was impressed. Anyway, if they have the car you want, I'd say give Jimmy a call and see what's what.

If you buy an Evora here in Jax, you can have an epic road trip going back home! Good luck and have fun! :up:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but are all you jax lotus owners going to join me tomorrow at cars and coffee at wild wings cafe at 8 am tomorrow? I really want to meet you guys before I leave for NYC again. BTW Willi-P, saw your car at the library yesterday and waited but never saw you.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I had intended on going and planned on it. I may come in later than 8 AM. I haven't been to a CC in more than a few months. It would be nice to meet you Tarek.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Tarek...

There must be another AR Elise is town; I was in Texas yesterday so that wasn't me.

I've been wanting to go to Cars & Coffee for a while, but every time something seems to get in the way. In fact, last month I was all ready to go but it was like a monsoon at my house that morning. I figured nobody would show up. Later I learned something like six Lotuses were there. :rolleyes:

I'm going to to my best to go next month. Hope to see you then!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was there this month and only myself and a black evora were there.... Going next month. Is anyone from Jax going down to Orlando next month for the Log 32 event on the 23rd if so maybe ride down as a group.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts