The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
863 Posts
No one is arguing this. What some people are arguing is that Lotus is not in a position to play this game. They aren't Porsche. They have a terrible dealership network, little brand cache and a reputation for unreliability. The Emira being on par or "within spitting distance" just isn't good enough IMO to get people making the trek to a "local" dealer. You do this by beating your main competition (Porsche) and beating them cleanly. That will get Joe-Porsche's attention. There appears to be very little the Emira clearly beats Porsche at. Maybe looks, but that's also subjective.

I think in the end some people are just tired of excuses from and making excuses for Lotus. You got billions of dollars and IMO what is there to show for it? A possibly heavier, better looking, de-tuned Evora GT with a nicer interior for $94k? Sorry, to me, that's just not good enough. Maybe I am in the minority and I hope Lotus does well, but I was excited for the Type 131, and was completely underwhelmed by its announcement. I am sure it will be a good car, but I am going to wait and hope it matures into something better. In the meantime I think I will try some other brands.
It looks good but it is heavier than the Evora GT and slower. I little cheaper but 96k FE (including destination charge) is a bit high. Exotic looks but that is it...Interesting to see and hear what car magazines have to say about the Emira performance, they will be comparing it to the Evora 400/GT.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
863 Posts
No one is arguing this. What some people are arguing is that Lotus is not in a position to play this game. They aren't Porsche. They have a terrible dealership network, little brand cache and a reputation for unreliability. The Emira being on par or "within spitting distance" just isn't good enough IMO to get people making the trek to a "local" dealer. You do this by beating your main competition (Porsche) and beating them cleanly. That will get Joe-Porsche's attention. There appears to be very little the Emira clearly beats Porsche at. Maybe looks, but that's also subjective.

I think in the end some people are just tired of excuses from and making excuses for Lotus. You got billions of dollars and IMO what is there to show for it? A possibly heavier, better looking, de-tuned Evora GT with a nicer interior for $94k? Sorry, to me, that's just not good enough. Maybe I am in the minority and I hope Lotus does well, but I was excited for the Type 131, and was completely underwhelmed by its announcement. I am sure it will be a good car, but I am going to wait and hope it matures into something better. In the meantime I think I will try some other brands.
I hear you and it makes plenty of sense. I'll be waiting for the car magazines review of the Emira's performance. You know they will be comparing it to the Evora 400/GT. That is going to be interesting. I love Lotus cars, I owned a 2011 Elise R, 2014 Evora NA and a 2017 Evora 400. Great cars. I would like to go back to Lotus but only If the Emira is more than just an exotic looking car. We'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.