The Lotus Cars Community banner
201 - 220 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I considered many cars, but was ready to pull the trigger on a Huracan EVO RWD. There's not much else out there which tickled my fancy and to be honest, I was doing it more because I could rather than because I was in-love. You know, like getting married to a chick because you're out of other options ;)

Then the Emira came along and I got that tingly sensation - love-at-first-sight... or so I thought. Waiting for official word from Lotus to see if it truly is love or if I gotta get back on Tinder (or whatever app the kids are using these days ;))

Just curious, what are you considering and what are your reasons?
991.2 GT3 in manual. Pretty set that I want something manual.

·
Registered
Emira on order
47 Posts
I pointed out a factual error you made in your post. All you had to do was admit you were a little overly enthusiastic with your numbers, but instead, you start questioning my seniority on the forum and my overall experience with Lotus cars, as if that has anything to do with math. My experience with manufacturing was relayed within the context of the complexities of regulatory compliance, which is relevant. How does your experience with Lotus cars change the fact that 93,900 is less than 100,000? And now you are trying to weasel out of it by adding in taxes. Nobody adds in taxes when talking about car prices in the US because taxes are different for everyone depending on their state. How about also addressing the fact that the FE cars are loaded and comes with more than "a few" options?

You can't make a factually false post with an inflammatory tone, and then act indignant when you are challenged on the facts. If you don't like your posts being replied to in kind, then perhaps don't write posts using a tone that you wouldn't like to see direct at you.
A base Emira will be under 80k... put any options in a C8 to make it equipped like the FE Emira and you're well over 100k...also... fact remains, not enough pedals in the C8. Also... from what is being speculated about the AMG I4, that thing might eventually make close to 500hp. This car will be competitive amongst all the other sports cars in this category I think...

·
Premium Member
8,377 Posts
Wow the past 48hrs have produced a lot of wind and turbulence. The number folks crack me up...its not but it is......
On the one hand,, they are mbating about the C8 numbers and value but in the other hand they know in their hands is what they really want. Translate that any way you wish..........

• Haha
Reactions: LotusB and fasttoys

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wow the past 48hrs have produced a lot of wind and turbulence. The number folks crack me up...its not but it is......
On the one hand,, they are mbating about the C8 numbers and value but in the other hand they know in their hands is what they really want. Translate that any way you wish..........
New Blood on the forum is a good thing it’s been boring for awhile, these debates are a win in my book.

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
388 Posts
A base Emira will be under 80k... put any options in a C8 to make it equipped like the FE Emira and you're well over 100k...also... fact remains, not enough pedals in the C8. Also... from what is being speculated about the AMG I4, that thing might eventually make close to 500hp. This car will be competitive amongst all the other sports cars in this category I think...
Over $100k?? Go and actually price a C8. Here's my build of a top-of-the-line 3LT with Z51 and a bunch of options the way I want it:
Vehicle Car Automotive design Font Personal luxury car

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
346 Posts
New Blood on the forum is a good thing it’s been boring for awhile, these debates are a win in my book.
Definitely not boring lately. Still waiting for the "my Dad can beat up your Dad" level of childishness. It's been nearly there on a few interactions where the vitriol has been entertaining for those of us on the sidelines. Car people like this make me appreciate motorcycle people, and rock/metal music festival people, even more.

Reactions: kratedisease

·
Registered
458 Posts
Anyone guessing what the V6 base will cost ? It all comes down to what all the options are broken down on a FE. Looks also that LOTUS is using Porsche cayman as a pricing guide between the I-4 and the V6.

Anyone who knows EVORA option pricing want to chime in ? I have no true idea how LOTUS prices the options.

I am GUESSING $83k ??

anyone ?

On the oddball chance that the V6 base is $79-$80k, the EMIRA still has value if only lightly optioned, IMO

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don’t think it’s straightforward apples to apples. The Emira options are bundled in some cases, and not directly comparable, but here are some numbers I believe are accurate regarding Evora GT options: ( I got them off a website but forget which one)

Base: $96950+ destination

Metallic paint. 3750
Premium paint. 5900
Exclusive paint. 8100

Forged wheels. 3250
Leather interior. 4500
Double stitching. 1000
Red center steering wheel. 450
Upgraded stereo. 500
Color brake calipers. 450

In my mind, the FE has about 12-14k in options. Well, that’s my working hypothesis anyway. Personally, I’m not particularly wigged out by the pricing. I’m in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This isn’t the site I got the numbers but it is consistent with what I posted. It was pretty accurate with my Aston numbers which were a pain to collect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I paid 61k for an M2. Great car fun to drive and pretty practical. I’m in the market for a new car. I’ve looked at the Roma (beautiful but costly with any options), Vantage (great sound and manual available but infotainment system is old tech), Mclaren GT (sexy as hell but not sure I can get in it every day at 6’2).
The Emira looks unlike anything at this price point ( so much prettier than a C8 ) and is NOT turbocharged AND comes with a manual.
I was offered a 992 GT3 allocation IF I sponsored the dealership race team for 50,000 dollars. (No thank you)

If I can get a great sounding, manual drivers car that’s nice enough inside to daily drive I’m all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know the price of the first Edition and I see that after that the 4cyl base model will start at$73k but what is the price for 2023 6cyl base?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I paid 61k for an M2. Great car fun to drive and pretty practical. I’m in the market for a new car
If I can get a great sounding, manual drivers car that’s nice enough inside to daily drive I’m all in.
This is EMIRA's best selling point, and how it is easily drawing from Corvette C8, Nissan GTR, Ferrari, Lambo, Supra prospective buyers (and other brands) is by offering a Manual transmission option. One of the single greatest marketing successful decisions that LOTUS made with the EMIRA was to offer a manual. Other than Porsche and some rice burners, there is no competition at this price point with the styling and engineering prowess that is offered with Emira.

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
388 Posts
This is EMIRA's best selling point, and how it is easily drawing from Corvette C8, Nissan GTR, Ferrari, Lambo, Supra prospective buyers (and other brands) is by offering a Manual transmission option. One of the single greatest marketing successful decisions that LOTUS made with the EMIRA was to offer a manual. Other than Porsche and some rice burners, there is no competition at this price point with the styling and engineering prowess that is offered with Emira.
Wrong... ask anyone on the street and they'd take many of the cars you listed over a manual Evora, which essentially the same car. You know how I know? Sales figures don't lie.

Emira's biggest selling point is the design (and teaser price). Most if not all of the reservations are based on just how good the car looked when it was revealed. So they got everyone's attention with the looks, but they need to back it up with the rest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
To me this is starting to sound somewhat like watches; do you want a watch because it looks good and tells time, or because it costs a lot and you want to impress people with that fact?

How much power do you need on the street? Lotus' were never max power competitors. There were always other cars that were faster and had more power, especially the Corvettes.

The Emira has that magic feel to it when you look at it, and it's going to have that magic feel when you drive it. A mid-engine Lotus with hydraulic steering and a manual trans; in 2022. Think about that. Honestly for those of you who are on the fence, or are convinced that more power in other cars is going to be a better driving/owner experience, either buy those other cars or wait until you can drive an Emira. If as some of you are indicating money is not the issue, then get the Emira. Either it will charm you or it won't. If it does, you have one. If it doesn't, you're not going to have any problem selling it as the waiting list is already backed up to 2023 and heading towards 2024.

You can be sure the reviewers are going to talk about the numbers, because they have to. That's their job. However I won't be surprised if they say "nevertheless", and start talking about the driving experience. Power and performance are going to depend on how Lotus has tuned the power curve, and whether or not they've done anything different with the gearing compared to previous models. We won't know until production cars are available to test. The FE is going to be a gorgeous and charming daily driver. You're going to be a rockstar everywhere you go. If that expensive 911 and an Emira pull into a parking lot together, guess which car people are going to walk over to look at.

There's more to motoring enjoyment than just horsepower. If that's more important to you than anything else, get something else, but don't bad-mouth Lotus because you thought it was going to be something that no Lotus has ever been. The Emira is a Lotus; not a Corvette or a Porsche. A Corvette is a loud beer-drinking brawler; a Porsche is a cold machine; a Lotus is an exotic flower.

I can't wait to get mine.
I respect your enthusiasm about the Emira and Lotus. Thanks for your contribution and information you brought the forum.

When you say “don’t bad-mouth Lotus” , you are saying “A Corvette is a loud beer-drinking brawler” , isn’t it a bad-mouth?

Corvette C8 is a naturally aspirated mid-engine car, much improved almost every aspect, a greatly different car from all the previous generation front-engine models.
C8, a Corvette is not any more deserved to hear ”bad-mouth.”

C8 is not perfect, but GM nailed it, in terms of their strength points.

Lotus nailed it too, Emira, in terms of their strength points.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wrong... ask anyone on the street and they'd take many of the cars you listed over a manual Evora, which essentially the same car. You know how I know? Sales figures don't lie.

Emira's biggest selling point is the design (and teaser price). Most if not all of the reservations are based on just how good the car looked when it was revealed. So they got everyone's attention with the looks, but they need to back it up with the rest.
Agreed but only Partially true (IMO),.... truthfully, despite the great styling, the EMIRA also has (finally) a modern finished interior, and also now looks like a mainstream finished product from a major manufacturer. Take the badges off the EVORA and replace them with Lamborhini badges or even Nissan badges, and the EVORA would never even pass off as a Nissan product. I don't think the EVORA would even pass off as a Hyundai or Kia product if your swapped badges. I know I am going to get burned on this, but to me the EVORA came across as a kit car. To me it looked like a Factory Five Racing kit car. Even though it was cool, too much of it came across ( to me) as a hobbled together kit car. Just my perception, not based upon any factual data I can present. The Emira looks finished like a polished piece of jewelry. Swap out the badges and you could easily fool many it was a Alfa Romeo product, a Nissan or even a Maserati product. ( and to some even a Ferrari or Lambo) Its not only the styling but the fine detail and finish. The EMIRA looks finished both inside and outside. AND, the dual clutch with the I-4 is absolutely high tech and an excellent partnership choice, bringing an engine with great performance and top shelf name recognition and status being an AMG product .....EXCEPT for the brain dead, village idiot, moronic dope that thought it would be smart to detune the engine. There needs to be mandatory drug testing for those in the marketing dept who thought it would be smart to launch with a detuned I4 engine. Someone in marketing is smoking crack cocaine in the company bathroom.

The EVORA looked like the brand it represented at the time, which was more unstable than some 3rd world countries.

201 - 220 of 288 Posts