The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to take my Elise to our first track event. I have never taken any car to the track before, so this will be my first event.

Anyone else on here is going?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Make sure you go out with an instructor...

Who is putting the event on?

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I did my first track event there as well...good track to start on, and yes...instructor on the first couple of runs helps a lot!

Noticed you're in Upland...i work there, and live in D.B...let me know if you want to meet up some time

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool.... They are offering to have the instructor for $80 all day, so I signed up to have the instructor to go to the track with me. Hopefully I will become a better driver after the event.

I should have sign up earlier. I never realized how close I live the the speedway.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Watch out for all the walls. But you're not far from home anyway. Just kidding.

The instructor is a great idea and that's a good price too.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
awww....I just noticed on the event sched. that this is the ROVAL course...highly different from just the interior course...be careful on the outer bank of the track!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
just checked SV for pricing...$200 for 1/2 day??!?!?!?...wow quite expensive!!!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
the roval is a great track.
just did it in june for the first time in the formula ford.
got first in class, and qualified 4th out of ~30 cars for the sunday race.
simple track to learn.

FYI, there was a big hole on the exit of turn 4(rt hander, just after the entrance to the infield). this was from guys going off the left edge and flooring it. they tore up the ground and left a deep hole.
the track used a steel cover that was yellow to cover this. they told us, "dont hit this, you will tear up your car"
i would imagine its still in place...........dont hit it.

the fees for cal speedway were a bit more than at willow springs with the club I raced, but the facility at cal speedway is professional in every aspect and well worth it.

go run the track and have fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will be there on Saturday in the Blue Morning group.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
trying to decide on sat or sun....looks like more Lotus' on sat?

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I think I'll pass since it's roval, not quite as fun in the little mini.

Eddie - so much for once a month, right?
Haha...yea...seriously....but you know there is AutoX at ACS too -
I'm thinking of doing AutoX in the morning and then doing ROVAL in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
At what speed on the Roval does the Exige S run out of steam BTW? I think I want to run there in late November...

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
i'll let you know in my N/A Elise....i'm sure im gonna get killed on the outer bank

·
Registered
813 Posts
NA Elise tops out before 130 MPH (indicated). The bent at the end of the straight slows the car down and the speed stays there.

Very fun track (ROVAL config), though it's more for high-horsepower cars; nonetheless, I enjoy tracking there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome!

Hope to see more of you there. I will be in the Phantom Black with either #11, #77, #71, #17 or which ever number that I can easily create with the painter's tape.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts