The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I heard the sound of what I assumed was my Larini sport cat failing. It was that metal rattling from underneath that usually means it's time for a new cat. So I pulled into the garage and listened for the location of the rattle and sure enough it was from the exhaust area. The Red Menace stopped by for a listen and also thought it was the cat.

Today I took everything off, cranked the car, and listened again. The rattle was gone but now I'm starting to think it's the exhaust and not the cat. When I shake the cat, I hear nothing. The exhaust, however sounds like there's something loose in there. :(

I bought the car used a couple of years ago out of state and the Larini stuff was already on it. The car now has 17,000 miles and I do not track it so I'm shocked that either part would have an issue so early on. Anyone else had their exhaust take a crap with so few miles?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Running the same Larini SE muffler on two consecutive cars. About 15K total miles. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I've had multiple exhausts (not Larini) go bad and know a handful of others who have, across a range of brands. Consider that the exhaust bolts hard to the chassis and the engine moves quite a bit - once you figure out the exact issue with yours, it may be a relatively simple fix to reweld something.

Unfortunately, it sounds like something is loose inside yours, which would make it a more complex fix.

I had a local Evo tuner/guru tig my last failure back together pretty cheap and it's been holding strong ever since (knock on wood).

dont they have a lifetime warranty?
+1
Contact Sector111 and see if they can help.

·
Puff Daddy
3,874 Posts
It may be worth it to upgrade your motor mounts... it's a cheap and effective upgrade that may prolong the life of your exhaust.

My Larini used to bang against my Euro grills when going over railroad tracks... after I installed Manly's motor mounts it's totally gone away.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont they have a lifetime warranty?
They do and they honored it. I was afraid the hoops to jump through would be large and fiery but Shinoo at Sector took car of it yesterday without issue.:shift:

The motor mounts are a good idea and cheap insurance. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
243 Posts
They do and they honored it. I was afraid the hoops to jump through would be large and fiery but Shinoo at Sector took car of it yesterday without issue.:shift:

The motor mounts are a good idea and cheap insurance. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Matt
Hey, I was also there yesterday. :D
Picking up my new Larini that I installed. It sounds amazing! :coolnana:
Shinoo is one of the best people I have ever dealt with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's good news that they stand behind their product, I have the cat back and was going to order the full system.

·
Registered
243 Posts
SC sport
now i feel like Im driving an exotic.
Nice low tone, and it roars on throttle.
Not one bit of riceyness in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts