The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pretty much any time I take my gf for a longer freeway drive in the lotus she falls asleep. If we go somewhere in her mustang she is awake the whole time. Just funny that she can fall asleep in such a loud and rough riding car. Especially after reading about all the guys whose wives/gf's won't even get in their lotus.

Got a crappy picture, had to keep an eye on the road. Ill try to get a better one next time lol

Attachments

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Maybe she's dreaming of your car?

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Actually, it makes perfect sense. The loud drone of your car is putting her to sleep. It can be very fatiguing over an extended period of time.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Yup, that's exactly it. Well, look at it this way...........at least you don't have to listen to her talk about her "feelings" right?

:clap:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mutually beneficial I guess lol she doesnt have to listen to me talk about cars :D

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Lol. There ya go. Btw, did you notice the refection of your hand hold your phone in the rear window?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
My bf falls asleep in the Lotus too. He says it's the hum.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
I understand the situation but I don't see the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
So pretty much any time I take my gf for a longer freeway drive in the lotus she falls asleep. If we go somewhere in her mustang she is awake the whole time. Just funny that she can fall asleep in such a loud and rough riding car. Especially after reading about all the guys whose wives/gf's won't even get in their lotus.

Got a crappy picture, had to keep an eye on the road. Ill try to get a better one next time lol
My wife has nodded off at speed in an open TR4 with a glass-pack exhaust.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My wife has nodded off at speed in an open TR4 with a glass-pack exhaust.
She has also fallen asleep while we were offroading in my friends F-150 at like 1 in the morning. We were in the back seat bouncing all over but she stayed asleep the whole time until my friend gets to this one part where it looks like you are going off a cliff but there is really a trail going almost straight down. He screams "OHHHH ****!!!!!" and she wakes up ready to have a heart attack lol

but ya I think between the vibrations and the hum of the exhaust it just puts her to sleep haha

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
She has also fallen asleep while we were offroading in my friends F-150 at like 1 in the morning. We were in the back seat bouncing all over but she stayed asleep the whole time until my friend gets to this one part where it looks like you are going off a cliff but there is really a trail going almost straight down. He screams "OHHHH ****!!!!!" and she wakes up ready to have a heart attack lol

but ya I think between the vibrations and the hum of the exhaust it just puts her to sleep haha
Nice. I was recently on a road trip to Vegas and the two dudes in the back (not the Lotus obviously) had fallen asleep. We found one of those trucks that is pulling 2-3 other semi-trucks backwards and got within drafting distance. Right at that moment I yelled "HOLY SH*T!!!" and slammed on the brakes.

They woke up to see something like this:

Pretty funny to hear two grown men scream like little girls.

Back to the original topic... yes my significant other falls asleep almost every long distance in the Exige. She says it's strangely relaxing.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ lol that is hilarious! I was a little confused when I first looked at the picture.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
No, not usually. She is usually wide awake waiting for me to drive faster, or take an off ramp circle fast, or do something fun in the car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
My old boyfriend said it was very comfortable to sleep in, and would pass out in any ride over 20 minutes. He'd wedge his head between the seat and the hardtop to keep his head upright; said it was totally comfortable. And the droning and the vibrations put him right out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts