The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if any of the other people on the list at Aston Martin of New England are on here. We might need to schedule a meet over the long, cold winter to tide us over.

Cheers,
Al

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello, I'm in RI (close enough to MA), not yet on Aston Martin of New England's list. Do you know if they're ever going to have the one of the travelling demo cars at their location? I have a hard time placing a deposit on a car sight unseen, even for a car as incredible as this one.

Jeremy

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've asked when they expect to get one in, and they claim not to know. I was hopeful that the car that was in CT (Huntington Ridge) a few months ago would have made it up here, but was disappointed. I'd really rather not test drive the Euro-demo in the middle of winter here, but I suppose that would be a good litmus test.

If you just want to see one, head into NYC, as Manhattan Motor(cars/sports?) had one on the showroom floor. That's where I did my "test fitting."

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too would like to do some fit testing. I should have gone when one was in CT. I figured given the relatively few dealerships around that one of the cars would be able to make it to each one for at least a weekend. I don't get a good vibe from Aston Martin of New Englad though.. I called once a few months ago, and the person I spoke to didn't seem to know much of anything about the Elise. Also their web page seems pretty out of date.

And I guess you can call me a wimp, because in no way does a jaunt down to NYC seem like a fun idea to me. :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wimp. Sorry, I was there on business when I stopped by the dealership, so I had a good excuse.

The folks at AM o' NE were _very_ reluctant to start taking deposits and only started doing so within the last couple of months (which is why we had deposits at two dealers prior to AM starting their list). They've also been very circumspect about providing any details about the car or timing. In some ways, I prefer that approach to the standard salesman's tactic of telling the customer whatever he wants to hear. You may want to try contacting them again; I believe the fellow my wife has spoken to is Pat Rousell (?).

·
Registered
43 Posts
AuS4 said:
Wimp. Sorry, I was there on business when I stopped by the dealership, so I had a good excuse.

The folks at AM o' NE were _very_ reluctant to start taking deposits and only started doing so within the last couple of months (which is why we had deposits at two dealers prior to AM starting their list). They've also been very circumspect about providing any details about the car or timing. In some ways, I prefer that approach to the standard salesman's tactic of telling the customer whatever he wants to hear. You may want to try contacting them again; I believe the fellow my wife has spoken to is Pat Rousell (?).
Hello - I am on the list at AM of NE as well. Looks like they have contacted you to take your order? What number are you?

Also have you heard recently of any demo cars in the area? I thought one would have made it way up here by now. At this point, I am willing to drive to see one as I am fairly tall and am very concerned re: fit... The have an initial version of the elise at Herb Chambers Porsche that is tracked out. Very nice but so small......
Thanks much!
Dave

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately they have not had any demo cars, and as I understand it, don't have any plans on getting one. According to Pat, they've asked LCU to send one, but the cars were slated to go to bigger markets (i.e., the sunbelt states). It is unclear whether the fed dealer demo they ordered will be available for test drives, or whether it is for "test fitting" only.

Huntington Ridge may still have an Exige or Sport 190 in their collection, if you want to contact them for a viewing. The fellow there, Mark Starr, is a good guy.

I was number four on the list, behind the demo and a car for each of the two salesmen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
AuS4 said:
Unfortunately they have not had any demo cars, and as I understand it, don't have any plans on getting one. According to Pat, they've asked LCU to send one, but the cars were slated to go to bigger markets (i.e., the sunbelt states). It is unclear whether the fed dealer demo they ordered will be available for test drives, or whether it is for "test fitting" only.

Huntington Ridge may still have an Exige or Sport 190 in their collection, if you want to contact them for a viewing. The fellow there, Mark Starr, is a good guy.

I was number four on the list, behind the demo and a car for each of the two salesmen.
Congratulations -- when did you put down your deposit? When did you submit color/package?

Where is Huntington Ridge located?

Sorry for all the questions -- glad to have 'met' another New Englander who will be driving an Elise.

Dave

·
Registered
96 Posts
elise4me said:
Sorry for all the questions -- glad to have 'met' another New Englander who will be driving an Elise.
I'm on the list as well, though trying to decide if the whole New England / Elise idea is crazy...

Pat, the salesman, was perfectly nice when I talked to him, but certainly has not had nearly as much information as these forums...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elise4me said:
Congratulations -- when did you put down your deposit? When did you submit color/package?

Where is Huntington Ridge located?

Dave
I can't remember when the deposit was placed with AM, but they only started their deposit list relatively recently (maybe spring of last year?). We had deposits previously at Manhattan Motorcars, then Hunting(ton?) Ridge (which is located in CT, although they also have a store in Westchester County, NY), and switched when new lists became available. We had been harassing AM of NE for quite a while by the time they decided to accept deposits. The "order" was placed with the dealer on 1/3.

And yes, the Elise and New England are not a year-round match, but I'm _really_ looking forward to summer this year (and have already blocked-out days on my work calendar for trips to the track!).

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Well I am in Somerville, MA but my Lotus lives in Arizona (better home) We're on the list in AZ so won't be taking any of your spots

WRX provides New England thrills:D

Aston Martins is definitely the focus at that dealership, my impression is if you are not wearing a suit (or wads of cash hanging out of your pockets) when you go in there you don't get treated as well:rolleyes:
I guess that is to be expected at a dealership that sells cars that cost as much as a house. After some prodding they turned out to be fairly nice guys

Actually, they ran an ad a few years ago with a tagline " We except trade ins, we'll start with the house in the Hamptons"

·
Registered
43 Posts
frukio said:
I'm on the list as well, though trying to decide if the whole New England / Elise idea is crazy...

Pat, the salesman, was perfectly nice when I talked to him, but certainly has not had nearly as much information as these forums...
Are you thinking daily driver or more Summer/weekend car? The season is relatively short... though if the car is as much fun as it sounds can probably tough it out and drive it except for Dec-Feb timeframe when snow and ice are around more often than not.

What # are you on the list? Have they contacted you yet? Have you had a chance to sit in one for fit testing?

Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
AuS4 said:

Interesting.... do you know if they are planning to flip them for a profit or are acquiring because they have seen the light?

·
Registered
96 Posts
elise4me said:
Are you thinking daily driver or more Summer/weekend car? The season is relatively short... though if the car is as much fun as it sounds can probably tough it out and drive it except for Dec-Feb timeframe when snow and ice are around more often than not.

What # are you on the list? Have they contacted you yet? Have you had a chance to sit in one for fit testing?

Dave
I would probably keep my Volvo for winter. I work at home, so would basically drive the Elise anytime the weather permitted.
I'm number 38. Called for an update a week or two ago, and Pat didn't have much to say...
What number are you?

Haven't had a chance to sit in or even see in person an Elise of any type.

·
Registered
43 Posts
frukio said:
I would probably keep my Volvo for winter. I work at home, so would basically drive the Elise anytime the weather permitted.
I'm number 38. Called for an update a week or two ago, and Pat didn't have much to say...
What number are you?

Haven't had a chance to sit in or even see in person an Elise of any type.
Yeah, I called and didn't get much info either. Am a bit concerned as I am fairly tall about the fit issue, so might travel to CT if they have an exige or euro spec one to sit in. I am #19 on the list. Did they give you a rough expected delivery timeframe?

·
Registered
96 Posts
elise4me said:
Yeah, I called and didn't get much info either. Am a bit concerned as I am fairly tall about the fit issue, so might travel to CT if they have an exige or euro spec one to sit in. I am #19 on the list. Did they give you a rough expected delivery timeframe?
yeah i was considering going to ct as well, they apparently had a car there a few weeks ago.

he didn't really say much about delivery... did he to you?

·
Registered
96 Posts
JeremyR said:
Hello, I'm in RI (close enough to MA), not yet on Aston Martin of New England's list. Do you know if they're ever going to have the one of the travelling demo cars at their location? I have a hard time placing a deposit on a car sight unseen, even for a car as incredible as this one.

Jeremy
Jeremy, the deposit ($1000) is refundable, up until you place the actual order. I think the list is up to at least 60 by now, so if you put a deposit in, you probably wouldn't have to order until after the first Elise's arrived...

·
Registered
43 Posts
frukio said:
yeah i was considering going to ct as well, they apparently had a car there a few weeks ago.

he didn't really say much about delivery... did he to you?
No-- but sounds like they have taken order info from #4 on the list so perhaps only the first allocation has been contacted. We still are sure how many per allocation so there still might be some time to wait....

·
Registered
27 Posts
frukio said:
Jeremy, the deposit ($1000) is refundable, up until you place the actual order. I think the list is up to at least 60 by now, so if you put a deposit in, you probably wouldn't have to order until after the first Elise's arrived...
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what to do. Due to various "life changes" I'm not sure I could afford till at the 2nd or 3rd year of the car. And I guess at number 60 thats at least the 2nd year of production. But even at guaranteed MSRP there might be a problem as everyone "In the know" seems to think that the MSRP will increase dramatically (from my financial perspective) in the next couple of years. I don't know. I wish there was some way to equate list number with arrival date, then I could know for sure if this is finacially feasible.

Jeremy

·
Registered
96 Posts
JeremyR said:
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what to do. Due to various "life changes" I'm not sure I could afford till at the 2nd or 3rd year of the car. And I guess at number 60 thats at least the 2nd year of production. But even at guaranteed MSRP there might be a problem as everyone "In the know" seems to think that the MSRP will increase dramatically (from my financial perspective) in the next couple of years. I don't know. I wish there was some way to equate list number with arrival date, then I could know for sure if this is finacially feasible.

Jeremy
i guess my only suggestion is - if you're not sure, there's no harm in putting down the deposit while you decide.
if they call you up to place your order, and you're still unsure, then just get your deposit back...

that's essentially where i am at the moment - i don't know how i'm going to make the final decision...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts