The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
that's essentially where i am at the moment - i don't know how i'm going to make the final decision... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I suppose there's no harm in that, short of tying up $1000 bucks for a potentially a few years. Not that that is a huge sum or anything... it just seems like a waste. Ah well, I guess I should just do it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
elise4me said:
Interesting.... do you know if they are planning to flip them for a profit or are acquiring because they have seen the light?
Talking to Pat, he seemed like a car guy and genuinely interested in the Elise. So, while I don't know for sure, I don't suspect so. They'll have plenty of an opportunity to profit from the newfound volume (and perhaps pricing?) as the allotments arrive.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
mopho said:

WRX provides New England thrills:D

Actually, they ran an ad a few years ago with a tagline " We except trade ins, we'll start with the house in the Hamptons"
How 'bout STi? (Working on deals to swap the S4 for an STi - we'll see.) :D

For some of the "classic" (heritage?) AMs they have in the show room, the house in the Hamptons would certainly just be a start. (There was an absolutely beautiful 1962 DB4GT Zagato there (I think).)

While we were waiting for Pat to arrive for our appointment (to his credit, he argreed to come in on a Sunday), a number of people pulled up just looking to see if there was an Elise in the showroom, and by the looks of 'em, Pat & Co. are going to have to deal with a new type of clientele from now on.

I took a quick peek at the form he was filling out for LCU, and it seemed that most of the top 10 had been contacted. I doubt highly that they will contact the rest until LCU provides more details.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Until they send over an STI wagon, I'll have to stick to the WReX.
STI is great, but you may find the accomodations dissapointing compared to the S4, it will certainly feel faster and be a more visceral experience
With the $800 in mods I have planned the wagon won't be that far behind the STI (at least in a straight line). Besides, I have found there is no place to go that fast anyway around here. I am heavily involved with rallying, so I am a Subaru addict.

Last time I was there was the fall, there was a DB4 (silver) but it was not a Zagato. From what I have heard, there is a wharehouse around the block from the shop with quite a few more toys in it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well,kinda odd but i saw an Elise... green one in Boston being driven by the Fleet Center this is about 6 months ago.So,was it a demo or??Anyone know??

·
Registered
32 Posts
just picked up the car...

Hello all, just picked up our car at the weekend (pic. attached). Still trying to work out all the different lotus forums/clubs at the moment...

anybody else in the NH / MA / VT area got their cars yet? We were something like 88 on the list with AM but they got a couple in on extra allocation so we hot-footed it down to snap it up - we were going to wait until the summer but our s2K just went back and were feeling lost without it... so as soon as we saw this one we decided to take it now! Just trying to work out whether snow tires will be a good investment. Not planning to drive in the snow (got an Evo to do that), but worried about the cold effect on the standard tires...

Can't praise AM enough - very nice, professional guys. Extremely pleased with them, by far the best car dealer I ever worked with.

Anway, we got it with the usual options; touring pack, hardtop, starshield.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys some more, maybe meeting up some time...

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice picture! And welcome!

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, Pat has been great to deal with. Just as pleasant an experience as when I bought my Elan from Bob Challman many years ago. They got four in today! Here's mine. I've been waiting seven years, since I drove one on a vacation to Cornwall then.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
We should do a local get-together. The CT/NY guys have been very active, but its a long way to go. I think I'm the only owner in RI at the moment, but there seems to be a lot of Elise owners in the Boston area and north. Who's up for a meet? Maybe we can talk Pat into a tech session, followed by a drive ...
Steve

·
Super Moderator
3,104 Posts
Re: just picked up the car...

jonnyg said:
Hello all, just picked up our car at the weekend (pic. attached). Still trying to work out all the different lotus forums/clubs at the moment...

anybody else in the NH / MA / VT area got their cars yet? We were something like 88 on the list with AM but they got a couple in on extra allocation so we hot-footed it down to snap it up - we were going to wait until the summer but our s2K just went back and were feeling lost without it... so as soon as we saw this one we decided to take it now! Just trying to work out whether snow tires will be a good investment. Not planning to drive in the snow (got an Evo to do that), but worried about the cold effect on the standard tires...

Can't praise AM enough - very nice, professional guys. Extremely pleased with them, by far the best car dealer I ever worked with.

Anway, we got it with the usual options; touring pack, hardtop, starshield.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys some more, maybe meeting up some time...

Cheers,

I was at AM to say hello recently and I saw your car while I was there. (don't worry, I didn't drive it too hard ;-) Kidding aside, nice ride. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Mine should be in before the snow is off the roads.

BTW, they offered me the yellow one while I was there. Tempting.

-Shawn

·
Registered
32 Posts
thanks everyone, hoping to take some more pictures today now that the sun's out again.

bobford - looks good in blue! When did you get yours? I know what you mean about waiting... I'm from the UK originally and I've been wanting one of these ever since they came out. By the time I could afford one in the UK I was on a company car scheme where your car had to have four seats and four doors, etc... Then we moved to the states a few years back and they didn't sell it here... I was thinking that it would be some completely new model before I would be in a position again to get one (not very impressed with the recent concepts that are floating around for the next generation)

I have to say I enjoyed the S2k a lot - really a great car. Fantastic gearbox. I was hoping they'd do a Type R version at some point.

Steve - local get together sounds good. Not sure how we can work that out during the winter months but I'm certainly game. I was trying to get the Evo club to do a run over the Kangamagus highway back in the summer but nobody really went for it at the time. Could be fun to do in the Elise next year? I guess there'll be a lot more owners at there then as well?

keeper - I liked the yellow one as well but didn't want the sport pack - not enough opportunity to make use of it. Plus my wife really liked the orange so that was that. What colour did you order?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts