The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm steering clear for a while. Seen too many nice cars being rocked or kicked form motorcycles for no reason. Several dealerships lost their entire inventory to looters. I did see a Ferrari dealership drive all their cars out, but many were just wrecked.

I am not seeking to make this a political discussion, just keeping it to the cars and if anyone is changing behavior now.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yup. I'm local to Mancuso where you may have seen the pictures of the two Evora GTs that got wrecked in the showroom.

Bought my GT on Saturday, put it in the garage where it's been sitting since until things calm down.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
592 Posts
I work in Manhattan on the upper west side and I'm not allowed to take mass transit due to the Rona. Sofar I've been ok. I work 530-530 day tomorrow then 4 nights n off for 8 days.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I work near LAX and I'll be driving the Tacoma for the next few days. Things don't get ugly until after 6:00 pm.

San

·
Administrator
1,546 Posts
Another advantage to country living protests were peaceful but local chevy dealer moved entire lot elsewhere as a precaution. Lots of early closings and security at wallyworld.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I plan on keeping the toys put away for awhile. 2020 is not looking to be a good year thus far, and it's not even half over yet.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I'm not going near Schenectady NY at all! But I have lot's of other roads in the country I can cruise around, thank God!

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
I got my car out and found myself downtown at an non opportune moment. All the kids fell nto the street. I stopped honked my horn and hooned for a second to demonstrate my politics. Instead of a trashcan into the side of my car it have them a chance to let off steam and I spun out on through. Was a tactical decision on my part. No doubt had I tried to tip toe past the probability of vandalism was elevated...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did not go out that much after seeing the news. Why do I feel like this is not a protest anymore? This is a crime for they involve those innocent people and businesses that have nothing to do with Floyd’s death.
And now, I saw this post on Facebook.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Those are fake, been circulating all over the place. Bunch of them in Chicagoland too, listing various suburbs, but all linked to fake accounts posting the same thing about different locations.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have kept mine put away this week, but will be headed down to NCM Friday with Chin Motorsports for the weekend.

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
I've been driving and going about as normal, which is to say not all that much but I've never stopped driving for pleasure during this entire sad event. Nashville had one night of morons running around and damaging the wrong people's property. The downtown bar scene (Broadway....tourist district, naturally) was vandalized in the familiar pattern of agitators screwing it up for the locals.

Otherwise, it feels like the new normal around here. I've been driving my car the whole time. I don't get much gaff in the thing. Most not knowing what an Evora is probably helps.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I’ve been driving both the GT & the Elise around. Ironically, I’m currently in my crappy old Corolla staked out on our small town’s courthouse square as a BLM rally is going on. Rumor has it that they’re busing in hooligans from Philly and thus I decided to bring my friends Remington, Stag Arms, S&W, and Keltec with me ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I’ve been driving both the GT & the Elise around. Ironically, I’m currently in my crappy old Corolla staked out on our small town’s courthouse square as a BLM rally is going on. Rumor has it that they’re busing in hooligans from Philly and thus I decided to bring my friends Remington, Stag Arms, S&W, and Keltec with me ;)
GTFO with that ****. Hunting humans is not OK. Don't be part of the problem and make things worse.

Go home.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.