The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every day i second guess everything about my order. The car just needs to get here already so i'll no longer have a choice.

I ordered Arctic Silver with Sport Pack. I have second guessed going with the sport pack because i may eventually be able to do better in the aftermarket. I have second guessed not going with the touring pack because apparently the roll-up windows rattle. And most of all it seems like every day i want a different color. This is driving me nuts!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I think that is normal. Like having kids and buying a home. :)

I wonder if I should have stuck with the original choice of Arctic Silver.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Take solice in knowing that once the deadline has passed for changing your order, you can rest easy. But yes, I don't know what I want either.

Out of curiousity Randy, what else did Symbo have for you>

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I would if they let in more European models. A TVR might be nice to have:D

Have you ever seen an instrument cluster like this on any US legal car?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'm second guessing the hardtop option. I ordered it, but like a few people here have mentioned, it's $1500 for a piece of plastic. Granted...painted at least ;) The hard top also has a bulge of some sort on the top, right? I saw the link to the gullwing type hardtop and thought that would be better :)

Anyway, as for the LSS suspension, I would love to get the forged wheels and the stickies, but seeing that only the ride height is adjustable, no thanks. Lotus makes a whole array of racing parts that can be retrofitted...like external reservoir shocks, etc.

I'm also second guessing the color. I ordered Nightfall blue, but I'm thinking it might be too dark. I saw the pics of the Cobalt blue european color and love it, just not sure how Nightfall stacks up against it.

Chester

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
That instrument cluster is way to cluttered.

Cluttered cluster cluttered cluster cluttered cluster...bet you cant say that ten times fast.
Maybe... But it's crazy:D

I haven't second-guessed anything: Almost all the colors look good. I knew I wanted the hardtop and touring package. As for LSS in Pittsburgh it would be too expensive as all the potholes would mean weekly clam replacement and at best a ride that would be far too jarring for even after work/weekend use.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ekological said:

I'm also second guessing the color. I ordered Nightfall blue, but I'm thinking it might be too dark. I saw the pics of the Cobalt blue european color and love it, just not sure how Nightfall stacks up against it.

Chester
Nightfall is the one color other than silver that really haunts me. I have a feeling all the pics on the internet are actually Cobalt so i'm not sure what Nightfall really looks like but the Cobalt is awesome, especially with dark wheels.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Hehe...Where are those pesky pictures of the models at the LA autoshow? I can't find them anymore :(

I dunno.... The magnetic car is in Houston now, no? Anyone take a picture of it (preferably outdoors)?? I still think magnetic has too much red in it. But it might have been the lighting at the show... :(

Chester

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Vantage said:

Out of curiousity Randy, what else did Symbo have for you>
I have no idea. I asked the sales rep what 10 cars he ordered and one of the first two he said was the car I was looking for, so I said "I want that one."

I don't know if they would be willing to publish a list of what they ordered.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I have no idea. I asked the sales rep what 10 cars he ordered and one of the first two he said was the car I was looking for, so I said "I want that one."

I don't know if they would be willing to publish a list of what they ordered.
I sent an e-mail to Nick shortly after they ordered the first 10 cars asking for details on the cars they selected. After a delay of a couple of weeks, he sent an e-mail saying that he had forwarded my e-mail to Mike Pedace who could answer my questions (but he hasn't responded).

I also inquired about whether they were able to order cars for the Beverly Hills waiting list and asked what's happening in terms of relocating and reopening an LA showroom. No response.

Since you guys in the first 9 slots didn't really order your cars, I'm wondering how Symbolic will handle the second batch of orders supposedly coming up in February. Will they order 10 more cars at random, or contact the first 10 on the list for orders or what?

I could call Symbolic, but I get too depressed worrying about what could go wrong, so I'm just waiting to hear from them. Theoretically, I should be in the second group for the BH list, so I'll see if I get to order a car anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Traded a couple of e-mails with Mike Pedace at Symbolic.

The party line seems to be that they are negotiating with Lotus and fully expect to maintain a presence in LA and anticipate that everything will work out. But we need to let time go by before they can provide any definitive information. He does not anticipate any delays in when I should get my car based on their earlier rough projections.

He did not answer my specific questions (was Symbolic able to order 20 cars - 10 for La Jolla and 10 for Beverly Hills, why did they order at random instead of taking customer orders, will round 2 ordering be random, what color/option combos did they order for the first 10).

The info is both slightly reassuring and quite vague. Basically, I need to wait and see and hope for the best.

Total speculation on my part, but I would guess that they will not be allowed to order any cars for the Beverly Hills waiting list until Symbolic commits to reopening the dealership at a suitable location in greater Los Angeles (which may well be somewhere other than BH, perhaps Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Hollywood).

And I am inclined to believe that the only reason to order cars at random was to make it easier to camouflage diverting some cars to sell to the highest bidder. If you actually placed an order for one of the first 10 cars, they would have to do a lot of explaining and you would be really pissed if you didn't get your car when the first batch is delivered. However, with random cars, they can call and offer you a purple car with touring package, and when you say no thanks, I'd rather wait for my yellow LSS car, they have bumped you down and freed up a car for price gouging without being quite so obvious or incurring so much customer wrath, because it's hard to prove what happened. And if you say sure I'll take the purple car, they just call back and say sorry, the customer above you decided to take it. Perhaps I'm overly pessimistic and this won't happen, but seems quite likely to me. I just hope that they aren't too greedy and don't handle all of the orders this way.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Sadly,
It's seems Symbolic stands above the rest of the dealers in the question of the wait list. Instead just telling you up front you needed more dollars to get low on the list, they actually take deposits and at the same time are very vague about where on the list a person is.

I've got to say, as big as the LA market is, it'd be a shame for them to be allowed to keep that position. I'm sure quite a few dealers would be interested in Lotus dealership there (if they haven't applied already!)

Chris

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I sometimes fing myself second guessing my choice of magnetic blue. It's a beautiful color, but that ardent red is just stunning, especially with the hardtop.

·
Registered
607 Posts
MattG said:
.... that ardent red is just stunning, especially with the hardtop.
It certainly is. The car show really gave me an appreciation for the exotic look the red acheived. Mag Blue will also look stunning, I am sure, but Red has always been my favorite color anyway. ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I kinda was. I had to pick from magnetic blue and bordeaux red. but now seeing this pic. im happy with my color. But i still do like the red too.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
ekological said:
I ordered Nightfall blue, but I'm thinking it might be too dark. I saw the pics of the Cobalt blue european color and love it, just not sure how Nightfall stacks up against it.

Chester
As soon as you get the car, please, please, please post pics so that we can end the nightfall blue curiosity once and for all! (I am wavering between nightfall blue, racing green, and storm titanium... luckily, I will not be ordering until the first batch of cars are on the road... that's one plus to being in the 40s.)

·
Registered
255 Posts
ekological said:
Hehe...Where are those pesky pictures of the models at the LA autoshow? I can't find them anymore :(

I dunno.... The magnetic car is in Houston now, no? Anyone take a picture of it (preferably outdoors)?? I still think magnetic has too much red in it. But it might have been the lighting at the show... :(

Chester
I took some today of the Houston car. Look at my post titled "Just got back from Star Motor Cars". Lots of outdoor pics of the magnetic blue. The photos are pretty accurate as to the true color. I might go back tomorrow. Any requests for a specific photo?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts