The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Is there anyone else thinking about British Racing Green for their car?

I've been interested in Lotus ever since I saw a GP at Watkins Glen in the late '60s (I think it was '67) so I am drawn to that color for historical reasons alone. I've seen pictures in which it looked really great and others where I didn't like it much.

So I am agonizing (like others) over the color. My next fav is the dark red (Bordeaux Red Pearl).

I will be in LA on business next week and will (I hope) get to see the cars there

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'll get to the show next week sometime, after my Monday Dr appointment to see if I can get out of the cast for my broken foot.
They have all three colors I'm giving serious attention to at the show, Ardent Red, Saffron Yellow, and BRG. I think it's just going to come down to how they look in person. I wanted the type 25 paint so I'm leaning to the BRG and adding my own yellow stripes.
But, I also really like the yellow, and I like the red more and more as the side reflectors are more invisible on it. I've never had a color choice so difficult to make before. I've never bought a car this way before either. Normally I go to a dealer and offer lowball on an outgoing model year so I take whatever color they have.

Steve

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My dilemma exactly. BRG or Bordeaux? I originally wanted black, but I don't like metallic black, so now I'm looking at these. Currently leaning a little more towards the Bordeaux Red, mainly because I haven't seen a picture of it that I didn't like. The green sometimes looks great, and other times it's so-so. The Bordeaux appeals to me all the time. And since I like racing stripes, I'm probably going to have some added. If I was to get the BRG, I'd put yellow stripes on, ala Type 25. And if I get the Bordeaux, I'm probably going to put Gunmetal stripes on. Should make it somewhat unique, at least.

Cade

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm in the same boat on colors. I like the BRG and the Bordeaux Red, so I put each on my computer as a background. I found myself sick of the green in only a few weeks, but the red has never gotten old. I had the old S1 in blue on there for three years and it never grew old, but my recently bought Mitsu Spyder is blue so that's out. Add in that my wife said she'd never ride in a green car, and the choice became clear-BORDEAUX RED it is!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Although yellow looks nice, and the Elise is one of the very few cars I'd ever care to own in red, I'm utterly convinced that BRG is the perfect color for me (with the Type 25 yellow stripes, of course).

If everything goes as planned, I'll have two BRG/yellow striped cars (the Elise and my turbo Miata). It's just too beautiful a combo.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
GHC said:
Greetings,

Is there anyone else thinking about British Racing Green for their car?

I've been interested in Lotus ever since I saw a GP at Watkins Glen in the late '60s (I think it was '67) so I am drawn to that color for historical reasons alone. I've seen pictures in which it looked really great and others where I didn't like it much.

So I am agonizing (like others) over the color. My next fav is the dark red (Bordeaux Red Pearl).

I will be in LA on business next week and will (I hope) get to see the cars there
George-

If you make it to the LA Auto Show, ask if Nick and Tony are still driving the Bordeaux Red Pearl car in from their hotel. I was able to see it in the garage where they parked it.

British Racing Green with biscuit interior looked great; the green is a dark color, but looks like it might shine in sunlight. Bordeaux Red Pearl is what I would call maroon. More subdued than some of the colors, but I liked it a lot. Tough choice.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Re: Re: Anyone else thinking about BRG?

jml1952 said:
Bordeaux Red Pearl is what I would call maroon.
Maroon has a lot of brown in it. From what I can tell from the photos, the Bordeaux Red is just a dark red (meaning it has black in it). That would make it more of a wine red, or Bordeaux red as Lotus would call it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Anyone else thinking about BRG?

transio said:
Maroon has a lot of brown in it. From what I can tell from the photos, the Bordeaux Red is just a dark red (meaning it has black in it). That would make it more of a wine red, or Bordeaux red as Lotus would call it.
I prefer white Alsace wines, so I can't tell you how it compares to a nice Bordeaux red!

Perhaps maroon was a poor choice of words. Having seen the car in person, I wouldn't call it dark red though. In any case, it looks great. However, if you think that green is too mature looking, this may be as well. I would say that Bordeaux red is less metallic than the green or blue cars at the show, but then I saw the green and blue inside and the Bordeaux outside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts