The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons of tinting the windows? I've never done it to one of my cars, but figured it might look good on the Elise.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Cons...

Tinting can scratch. Requires a little more care.

Tinting can reduce visability, specially at night.

Not a lot of tinting can be done in California. You don't tint the windshield and the front windows are severely limited in the amount of tint.

Pros...

If you like wearing sunglasses so people can't tell what you are looking at, you will like tinting.

Stays cooler in the summer.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have seen a lot of tinted windows either turn purple or get bubbles or both.

Not much glass in an Elise anyway, is there?

·
Registered
237 Posts
my friend has his done by a man in NYC and its been 3yrs now and no problems...

no scartches,bubbles,faiding...nothing bad expect the fact you cant see anything at night and have to open the window...

NJ states says anyform of tint on the front windows is an illigal act.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just as long as you use a name-brand "metallic" tint as opposed to "dyed" it will not turn purple. Whether or not it will look good on the Elise? That's up to you! :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
When would you even have the windows up to see the tint on the sides? :confused:

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
transio said:
I want people to see me driving it !!
How many poseurs do they have down in Miami? :D

I'm just messing around.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
If you want the tint because of privacy, you don't really have to worry about it on the Elise.

If you keep the top on, chance's are, the Elise will be too low for anyone to see you through the passenger windows. :D

I'll probably get a light tint all around (legal in AZ...and is a rear license plate only) to keep it a little cooler. :cool: Not to mention the window's aren't really that large.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
In the gallery?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts