The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told the car hit port on 7/17.

I've also been told by the dealer that it's ready, but he can't give me ANY information as to when it might be loaded on a truck, or might arrive at the dealership. In spite of what's been said on the board, my dealer thinks it's being delayed while other 'first customer' and 'demo' cars are shipped to other dealers.

All anticipation aside, this is a problem for me as I'm about a 5 hour drive from my dealer. I need some time in advance to plan a day off to drive out, get it, and drive back. Unfortunately, I work a lot of weekends, so this is not necessarily an option.

I can't just take a call, "Your car is here!" and pick it up the next day...

How many other cars on the board remain in port from this shipment?

Any idea how long it's been taking to send these out?

[/'doomed' suppress on]:)

·
Registered
442 Posts
The last of the 7/17 cars _should_ have left port already. My 7/17 arrival car just made its way to the dealer yesterday with a ~7/24 arrival car. So, almost 4 weeks from ship docking to dealer doorstep - this time should be improving rapidly.

Ask your dealer whether he has been invoiced for the car yet - that is the best indication that the car is actually in-transit (or at least released to the auto transport).

If it has been invoiced and you have the VIN number, you might try calling the auto carrier (Reliable Carriers, Inc.) and explaining the situation. My wife did that when the dealership was frustrated with the vague answers they were getting from LCU and she found out exactly where the car was and exactly when it would arrive. But I think it's only fair to do this to the trucking company for those cars that are confirmed to have been invoiced and late in arriving (more than 7 days post-invoice date, for instance).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts