The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Side bolsters of my seats are scuffed and black coloring worn away. No tears or rips. Car is in storage and will get pics up later

Called the guys at the shop that did my other interiors and they don't do repair per se. Said they had decent luck with a rattle can solution (SEM I believe).

Anyone ever fix scuffs on black leather seats? Recommendations?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've had this problem. Took the seat to a very good local auto upholsterer and he replaced the panel on the bolster. It was less than $100. As an old time leather crafter, I doubt if you'll have much luck trying to refinish the leather. Once you wear off the top surface, you've made "suede" and there's no good way to renew the surface. On a side note, I'd have jumped on your Moke in a heartbeat if my garage/shop weren't filled with a major ongoing project right now, Always wanted one since I rented one in Moorea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have used black shoe dye to color the scuffed area, but you have lost the shine and won't get that back without replacing whatever is scuffed. I even used it on my steering wheel with pretty good results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts