The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on the West Coast was expecting thier Elise this week or next. Mine is suppose to come in any time and I've been starring at the phone waiting for the call.

I figure if someone in SoCal go thiers tomorrow, mine would be a day or two after.

Yup, that last few weeks, or days for that matter, are really the toughest! :p

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Yeah, my ship has come in- last week. Expect to take delivery next week. MW and a guy from SVAG (my dealer) took delivery last week, so it may be a steady if somewhat slow stream.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes, I ordered something online. It is supposed to arrive on Friday.
rotfl

Sorry, not that funny... :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got the call from Silver Star a couple of days ago. My car shoul be here in less than 2 weeks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine has just arrived at Park Place in Bellevue. I hope to get some photos before they prep it and after of course. I think they got 3 of them today, which means they got all 4 that were on the Sept. 27 boat. (West Coast of course.) I will know more after I visit tomorrow.

DLY

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
etypeiii said:
I think they got 3 of them today, which means they got all 4 that were on the Sept. 27 boat. (West Coast of course.) I will know more after I visit tomorrow.DLY
Interested. I look back on some of my old threads and here's what I found:

Left Hethel on 9/21: http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6439&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Arrived at Port around 10/25:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6933

I wonder if the transports move up and down the coastal states first and then to Arizona? But then again, I've been waiting since 8/03 so what's another 5 to 10 days =
an eternity!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Allan, there are some other oddities. PP had a batch of 4 on that ship, but 1 came in over a week ago, then the other 3 today. So they didn't even all get shipped to the same dealership at the same time.

I'll ask a bit more, but I don't know of any reason why the cars on the same boat were delivered in two batches a week or more apart. PP didn't really know either, to be honest, at the time they told me the 1st 9/27 car came in but not the others.

DLY

·
Registered
352 Posts
BTW to avoid a miscommunication, by 9/27, I mean the boat *arriving* on the West Coast on 9/27 (port arrival date) as opposed to a port *departure* date (leaving England.)

DLY

·
Registered
24 Posts
in/on the same boat!!!

Alan, I'm also awaiting delivery in the same shipment to Scottsdale. Read on another post where the vin # that was 3 less than mine, was delivered last weekend to a Californian dealership. Was actually looking out for a happier post by you, hoping that you would have better news. Look on the bright side, I have a 710 mile treak out there from SF to pick up my little red when it arrives...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: in the same boat!!!

macsuibhne said:
Alan, I'm also awaiting delivery in the same shipment to Scottsdale.

When I spoke to Dan w/ Scottsdale Lotus, he said it should be here toward the end of this week to mid-next week. So, we're still on schedule.

The agonizing part is knowing that he could call at any time (as opposed to just knowing your car is be built or on a boat). I'll keep everyone posted when it comes in.

·
Registered
670 Posts
SteveK said:
I got the call from Silver Star a couple of days ago. My car shoul be here in less than 2 weeks!
What number are you at Silver Star, and when did you spec the car ?

Steve

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I dont understand the shipping situation. Another car with the same specs and one digit apart was delivered to another ET member a month before me. Go figure that one out.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Not that it helps but I'm expecting mine anytime now from Dimmit in Florida. Sorry just had to share.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
008 said:
Not that it helps but I'm expecting mine anytime now from Dimmit in Florida. Sorry just had to share.
Thanks for sharing. It does help. It reassures us that the Elises are here and being distributed. :)

I'm reluctant to call Scottsdale Lotus because I've harassed them enough over the past 15 months, and I'm pretty sure Dan would also say he's expecting it anytime now as well. His estimates were late this week up to mid- next week.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
That's interesting Allan. My car has a slightly lower VIN than yours, but I probably won't see it till the beginning of December. Looks like the product of batching! There are people in the 500s on the West Coast that have yet to take delivery.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Correction to my earlier post, Park Place only got 2 cars in yesterday, so they still have one more from the 9/27 ship yet to arrive, I believe.

So based on this, I would not expect all the cars to arrive at once. Don't lose heart if someone else's car from the ship shows up and yours doesn't!

DLY

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vantage said:
. Looks like the product of batching!
Was there an official word that Lotus was NOT batching cars? From some of the posts, I get the impression there is a denial that cars are being batched.

If that's the case, all I can says is that I cannot confirm or deny something that someone told me about batching. (hint, hint and not a joke).

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I don't really know, actually. It's not a big deal, but I do find it strange that VINs in the mid-700 are showing up before those in the 500s and 600s. Could be one on many factors.

In any case, cars do not always come into the dealership in the order in which they were submitted.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Was there an official word that Lotus was NOT batching cars? From some of the posts, I get the impression there is a denial that cars are being batched.

If that's the case, all I can says is that I cannot confirm or deny something that someone told me about batching. (hint, hint and not a joke).
I've heard two dealers say there is batching, and I've heard several other people say the same, or that it's common practice.

The 'official word' is the same as always :

:huh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts