The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone confirmed that the Racing Green Fed car will be at this weekends Festival of Speed? I've emailed and left mssg's w/ the sales dept. there and I've gotten no response. TIA.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got a call from Randy about this yesterday.
The car is supposed to be out there sometime on Saturday... but the day to go is Sunday (10-5, if memory serves).

See you there ;)
Best,
John

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've been in touch with Dimmitt and the car is scheduled to be at FoS this weekend, then at the dealership for the week after.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Anyone want to meet up there on Sunday? I'll probaby be there some time just after noon.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tidalwdave said:
Anyone want to meet up there on Sunday? I'll probaby be there some time just after noon.
If everything works out, I will be there at about 11-12 myself. It would be cool to meet up. If only we had our Elisetalk polo's (hint, hint)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
JD,
Pretty much no chance of elisetalk polo shirts with any use of elise or the lotus logo. Unless we become a formal club.
Chris
In that case... we should do that. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zvezdah1 said:
JD,
Pretty much no chance of elisetalk polo shirts with any use of elise or the lotus logo. Unless we become a formal club.
Chris
Chris/Randy,
So no script on shirts with the word "Elise" or the image of the car?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tidalwdave said:
I've been in touch with Dimmitt and the car is scheduled to be at FoS this weekend, then at the dealership for the week after.
Jeff Stearns w/ Dimmitt replied to me just now confirming that the car will be there (no news really). Seems like a good guy. He made the comment that my strategy should be to become friends with a Dimmitt depositor to be able to get close to the car.

edit- so whaddya say Tidalwave, can you introduce me as your brother?:D

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Please take lots of pictures of the green car, in the sunlight if possible! And post them here! Thanks!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
_JD_ said:
Jeff Stearns w/ Dimmitt replied to me just now confirming that the car will be there (no news really). Seems like a good guy. He made the comment that my strategy should be to become friends with a Dimmitt depositor to be able to get close to the car.

edit- so whaddya say Tidalwave, can you introduce me as your brother?:D
Why couldn't you be a hot chick and I could say you were my girlfriend? (Don't tell the wife :D )

I'll be there around noon. PM me if you decide to go and I'll give you my cell number. We can hunt each other down.

I still need to get a hold of Jeff. He was going to try to set up a photo shoot for me that day and clear the people out for a bit. If that doesn't work, he is going to try to set the car up somewhere else for me.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am heading down there on Friday and staying through monday. You guys think there is any way that I would be able to get near the car - preferably in it. (considering i have already dropped a grand on the car, i would like a chance to see how I fit in it..)

-Whit

·
Registered
963 Posts
zcar222 said:
I am heading down there on Friday and staying through monday. You guys think there is any way that I would be able to get near the car - preferably in it. (considering i have already dropped a grand on the car, i would like a chance to see how I fit in it..)

-Whit
I don't want to guess and speak for Dimmitt. If I were you, I'd contact Clay Curtis - [email protected] , 727-797-7070. See if you can set something up. I'd tell him up front if you have a deposit with another dealer.

·
Registered
751 Posts
tidalwdave said:
I don't want to guess and speak for Dimmitt. If I were you, I'd contact Clay Curtis - [email protected] , 727-797-7070. See if you can set something up. I'd tell him up front if you have a deposit with another dealer.

Thanks, Dave. I will do that. Not sure when I will be there on Sunday, but maybe I will see some of you guys around. I will post up again once I am there.

-Whit

·
Registered
43 Posts
Festival of Speed

As it happens, I will be in Orlando from Sat through the following Friday. Am thinking about driving across to Tampa to try to see the car in person.

Can someone who has been to festival of speed in past -- can you describe events/highlights and what day(s) would make sense to attend?

In terms of getting a chance to see the elise up close-- I am guessing best to go by the dealership next week and see if I can get an up close look and maybe sit inside for a fit test?

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Festival of Speed

elise4me said:
As it happens, I will be in Orlando from Sat through the following Friday. Am thinking about driving across to Tampa to try to see the car in person.

Can someone who has been to festival of speed in past -- can you describe events/highlights and what day(s) would make sense to attend?

In terms of getting a chance to see the elise up close-- I am guessing best to go by the dealership next week and see if I can get an up close look and maybe sit inside for a fit test?

Thanks!
Dave
The FOS is Sunday only from 10a to 5p. Dimmitt will have the car available for appointment showings next week, so you would need to give them a call to set that up. I don't think anyone will be able to drive the car. I'm hoping they do at least fire the engine up at the show.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts