The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted in AGES here (the switch from elisetalk to lotus talk got me! and somehow my grades improved in the meantime but with graduation quickly approaching, I think I can return :nanner: ), but I figured I'd share this with the forum. Two guys have been plaguing all sorts of internet forums, wikipedia, you name it (MANY car forums specifically) by constant trolling and now scamming people out of several thousand dollars. Anyway, the people from mbworld (and all sorts of other forums) have banded together and hunted the guy down despite his attempts to use proxies, fake business names, etc etc to cover his tracks. They now have both phone numbers, home addresses, place of employment, and all that good stuff. Lawyers and law enforcement are giving their advice and it has all been reported to the proper authorities (federal since it was a series of interstate commerce, mail fraud, etc etc) Anyway, It makes for a long but entertaining read and since so many other forums are in on it, I figured I'd share the joy of the process of bringing scumbags to justice with Lotustalk

Thread:
SCAM ALERT - FS: OEM Mercedes Benz E63 AMG Wheels And Tires Package Must Sell Quickly - MBWorld.org Forums

cliff notes:
J E E - R A H L: MBWorld sniffs out a scammer

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Whoa, really makes me not want to mess with online peeps.

Mess with the wrong person and your world will be over fast. Its good that they sniffed out the scammer. Crazy how much info can be found about you online.

Then wasnt a stolen bmw found on a forum. I also remember something about a guy selling parts from his vw r32 that he claimed was stolen for insurance fraud!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts