The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from Purdue INDIANA /ILLINOIS area have an Elise?

Someone on a message board I'm on is bragging about beating an elise in his M roadster. The person who made the comment attends Purdue University and says it happened there. Said it was Red and had Ill. tags. Anyone here know of an Elise in that area? I know it shouldnt matter, Im just curious for my own reasons. :)

Do'h. Just realised this probably belongs in Regions forum. I would have posted it there but that forum doesnt get much traffic yet. :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If it happened at all (and those guys from Purdue DO smoke a LOT of dope LOL) the Elise was probably still in break in or couldn't get good traction amongst all the cowshit in Indiana LOL

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Are they sure the Elise was racing? Was he staying off the cams?

I wonder how many people think they "beat me" on the street.

·
Registered
41 Posts
INDIANA LOTUS

cerven said:
If it happened at all (and those guys from Purdue DO smoke a LOT of dope LOL) the Elise was probably still in break in or couldn't get good traction amongst all the cowshit in Indiana LOL
zvezdah1 said:
Jenn,
You can't believe anything someone attending Purdue says!:D
As a Purdue grad, I have just one thing to say: "Ahem."

...and I can't believe anyone from KY would crack on IN. At least we have indoor plumbing! ;)

Seriously, if there are other IN people here, send me an email, as we're putting together an IN chapter of the club:

LOTUS (at) childressmd (d0t) com

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott you didnt happen to email me did you? Someone from Indiana wanted to see the car, and I was going to respond and lost the mail, couldnt remember the name.

As far as the "street race"....I told them that chances are the guy wasnt into the cams and I'd be glad to meet him when he gets home ( he's from Louisville) and settle the score. :D All for fun of course...Im NOT trying to advocate the elise for drag racing so please no chastising.

[mini rant]
As far as Kentucky and plumbing, I know you're joking, at least I hope you are, but I've heard that sentiment before. It got me thinking. Its funny, I've travelled alot and seen many places and the funniest thing is that in most of the 50 states Ive seen squalid trailerparks and horrid conditions . Things that make me, a Kentuckian, say OMG, I didnt know people lived like that. I've lived in Kentucky for over 20 years and I've seen nothing here that I didnt see elsewhere X 10. Maybe its because of the area I live in? I've travelled around rural Kentucky too, and there are a lot of "country" people but to be truthful Ive met some appalachian type people who may have not been book smart but they were very intelligent and some of the best people I've ever met as far as honor and honesty. Ive never ever seen a gun rack on a car here in Louisville, but I've seen them on cars in PA and GA and CA. We visit CA fairly regularly because I have family there and when someone asks us where we're from and I say Kentucky they always say "WOW, you dont have an accent and you have on shoes!". Yeah I have shoes, I even have Manolo Blahnik 's. :) I just smile get a kick out of it. When we picked up our Lotus I was feeling kind of crappy and halfway through our 7 hour drive I changed at one the rest stops into a sloppy pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Then when we stopped to eat lunch I spilled hamburger grease down the front of me. LOL, I figured the guys at LOA probably were thinking, uh yeah, there's a Kentuckian. :) [/end rant]

·
Registered
143 Posts
All I have to say as a Purdue Alum. is "HAIL PURDUE"! Great School! And having grown up in Indiana I can tell you the car didn't slip on manure! It was probably corn! Because other than corn and soybeans there is not much else there!

But one thing is for sure, Purdue Engineering did teach me to truly appreciate the Elise in all it's simplicity!:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
As another Boilermaker living in Indianapolis, I have to wonder why do we lust after a car that turns so well when all we have are straight roads? I'm sure I'll find some when my car finally shows up.

The guy in the elise probably didn't even notice the M-roadster. I doubt I would.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The young man who has the M roadster also has two Lamborghini's, a Kingsnake Viper, several ferrari's, a BMW Z8, the new GT40 and a host of other cars. His father owns business here in Louisville. He sold his Hummer to get the roadster just a few months ago. Orignally he offered to purchase our elise ( place in line) from us, but I've turned him down. I think he posted to get my goat, so I wont go there. He's an ok person, but I think he enjoy's to rub his fleet of cars in on people sometimes.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Of course I'm just kidding - spend a lot of time in IN - lots of friends and business there - love Brown County and Indy beats the crap out of Cincinnati where I'm at. I'm actually originally from Chicago burbs and moved to KY - I love the no shoes, family tree with no branches, etc. crap about KY - go drive around Paris, KY for a bit - you'll bump into the Queen of England checking out horse farms and many celebs who have farms and horses there - I was totally shocked when I got here about 24 years ago - beautiful, fabulous state (Indiana ain't bad either). :D

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cerven said:
- go drive around Paris, KY for a bit - you'll bump into the Queen of England checking out horse farms and many celebs who have farms and horses there - I was totally shocked when I got here about 24 years ago - beautiful, fabulous state (Indiana ain't bad either). :D
Yep there's LOTS of money around Midway Kentucky and Louisville/Oldham county/ Lexington. We used to go driving near near Versailles Kentucky alot. Used to visit a fairly well known horse farm called Ten Oaks Farm where they also grow asparagus. They sell it in one of their horsebarns as a "side" business, while there we ended up talking to Ashley Judd and her race car driving husband about Asparagus recipe's. I cant tell you how many sheiks (sp) and royalty I've spotted while attending Steeplechases and other various events locally. Speaking of which, Cerven, there's a distillery close to Keeneland called WOODFORD RESERVE...good stuff. They have a great restraunt on the property. They have lovely countryside near there and good roads. Maybe we could have a Kentucky "Scenic" drive one day. :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
Yep there's LOTS of money around Midway Kentucky and Louisville/Oldham county/ Lexington. We used to go driving near near Versailles Kentucky alot. Used to visit a fairly well known horse farm called Ten Oaks Farm where they also grow asparagus. They sell it in one of their horsebarns as a "side" business, while there we ended up talking to Ashley Judd and her race car driving husband about Asparagus recipe's. I cant tell you how many sheiks (sp) and royalty I've spotted while attending Steeplechases and other various events locally. Speaking of which, Cerven, there's a distillery close to Keeneland called WOODFORD RESERVE...good stuff. They have a great restraunt on the property. They have lovely countryside near there and good roads. Maybe we could have a Kentucky "Scenic" drive one day. :)
I went to Kentucky, to see the Queen.
:D
She's reputed to own stud farms in that area courtesy of the British taxpayer.:mad:
m.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OneFastLotus said:
Scott you didnt happen to email me did you?

Not me. Got mine. WOOHOO!

OneFastLotus said:
As far as Kentucky and plumbing, I know you're joking, at least I hope you are, but I've heard that sentiment before.

Of course I am. Though, I think IN gets a bit less ribbing than KY. I've met 'city-folk' from the east coast that have never been 'out west' to IN, and have been asked what it's like to 'live on a farm'. Hello? Ever been near Jamestown? :) I live in a suburb!

Then again, I don't mention the fact that my family has a (...and that'd be corn) farm business. D'oh! ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Jenn,
We sent you the email. Still hoping to see a real CO in person before ours arrives early next year.

Kibbles,
Sadly, agree with the lack of curves North of Indy. I see many roadtrips to southern IN in the future.

Scott,
An IN club sounds great. Many fond memories with the Indy Miata club.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Jenn - the KY scenic drive and horsefarm tour (bet we could get some help with that) would be a great idea - include me in. There are road maps showing all the big farms and there are a huge number - drove it a couple times several years ago but don't have the map any more. I'll bet we can get some still. Need my Elise but could do in the Merc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts