The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am definitely crusing up early Saturday morning with a friend or two in tow.

It would be great to have some other Lotus folks along. RSVP to Kyle. Meet in Old Town Alexandria, or somewhere along the route up to Bethel... I am going i295 to I695 then out I83 towards Harrisburg, I think. I need to look at the map again.

PALS EVENT - July 18 – Golden Age Air Museum Tour / Brats and Beer at Kyle’s

What: Group tour of Golden Age Air Museum then Cookout at Kyle’s
Where: 333 Faust South Rd Bethel, PA 19507
When: July 18

Description: Meet at Kyle’s for socializing, Barn tour, and staging, then go on a short back country drive with the Golden Age Air museum as the final destination. There we will get a group tour of the collection and facility and one or more biplane ride will be raffled off. Then back to Kyle’s for Bratwurst, Beer, and some relaxation by the pool.

Format: 9-12AM Arrive at Kyle’s
12-12:30 Back road drive
12:30 Arrive at Golden Age Air Museum Golden Age Air Museum - Early Days Of Aviation
12:30- 3:00 Tour museum and get Biplane rides
* A donation of $5/person will be collected to cover cost of tour and Tickets will be sold at $10 each for a Biplane ride raffle
3:00 Leave for Kyle’s
3:10 - ? Bratwurst and Beer and Pool fun at Kyle’s

Reason to come:
Kyle’s entire collection of Lotus will be on display in the Barn – including the race cars
Biplanes rides – one or more rides will be raffled. Rides can be purchased separately as well.
Socialize with other Lotus enthusiasts
Bratwurst!
POOL!

'56 Mark VI '71 Type61mX '71 Type69 '72 Europa TC '74 Elan Plus2S 130/5 '91 M100 Elan '91 Type 106 Esprit X180R LotusSport 110

PhillyLotus : Philadelphia Area Lotus Society

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am definitely crusing up early Saturday morning with a friend or two in tow.

It would be great to have some other Lotus folks along. RSVP to Kyle. Meet in Old Town Alexandria, or somewhere along the route up to Bethel... I am going i295 to I695 then out I83 towards Harrisburg, I think. I need to look at the map again.

PALS EVENT - July 18 – Golden Age Air Museum Tour / Brats and Beer at Kyle’s

What: Group tour of Golden Age Air Museum then Cookout at Kyle’s
Where: 333 Faust South Rd Bethel, PA 19507
When: July 18

Description: Meet at Kyle’s for socializing, Barn tour, and staging, then go on a short back country drive with the Golden Age Air museum as the final destination. There we will get a group tour of the collection and facility and one or more biplane ride will be raffled off. Then back to Kyle’s for Bratwurst, Beer, and some relaxation by the pool.

Format: 9-12AM Arrive at Kyle’s
12-12:30 Back road drive
12:30 Arrive at Golden Age Air Museum Golden Age Air Museum - Early Days Of Aviation
12:30- 3:00 Tour museum and get Biplane rides
* A donation of $5/person will be collected to cover cost of tour and Tickets will be sold at $10 each for a Biplane ride raffle
3:00 Leave for Kyle’s
3:10 - ? Bratwurst and Beer and Pool fun at Kyle’s

Reason to come:
Kyle’s entire collection of Lotus will be on display in the Barn – including the race cars
Biplanes rides – one or more rides will be raffled. Rides can be purchased separately as well.
Socialize with other Lotus enthusiasts
Bratwurst!
POOL!

'56 Mark VI '71 Type61mX '71 Type69 '72 Europa TC '74 Elan Plus2S 130/5 '91 M100 Elan '91 Type 106 Esprit X180R LotusSport 110

PhillyLotus : Philadelphia Area Lotus Society
Would be fun, I will check to make sure I have nothing to do this weekend

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great. I've only seen a couple of Elise that were anywhere near Alexandria. Lots of Maryland folks and some out west.

Would you come by yourself or with a passenger?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would of had a passenger. Sadly I cannot go. I missed two nights of training so I have to make it up Friday and Saturday. Last night because I took the car to get the oil change and new tires put on and it took like 4 hours! My car was being worked the whole time, they just didnt want to follow the instructions I had for an oil change then the oil they ordered was diesel and bleh.
We should try to plan something fun with our local chapter... I know there are a bunch of us around here, I just never see anyone on the road!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
of course it was diesel. many of us are using diesel type oil for the lube qualities. i do hope it was the correct viscosity, tho.
i use shell rotella synthetic, 5w-40.
sam

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it looks like just me and a friend are coming up from Virginia. Looking forward to Saturday, and very impressed by the photos of Kyle's garage!

Christine, I can show you how to change the oil on the Exige, it is pretty easy. Next time you need that, let me know.

I'd like to do a Lotus Cars and coffee event, but can't convince anyone to come to Old Town on a weeknight. Everyone wants to get up really early on a weekend and go blasting through the countryside! (oh, wait, that does sound like fun! LOL!)

Lotus are always welcome at Clydes of Alexandria, and the parking lot is fairly friendly.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So it looks like just me and a friend are coming up from Virginia. Looking forward to Saturday, and very impressed by the photos of Kyle's garage!

Christine, I can show you how to change the oil on the Exige, it is pretty easy. Next time you need that, let me know.

I'd like to do a Lotus Cars and coffee event, but can't convince anyone to come to Old Town on a weeknight. Everyone wants to get up really early on a weekend and go blasting through the countryside! (oh, wait, that does sound like fun! LOL!)

Lotus are always welcome at Clydes of Alexandria, and the parking lot is fairly friendly.
Thanks, I really need to learn to do this myself. The four hour wait was annoying and now my car is making a wierd noise... I will try to record it and post somewhere on the forum asking for advice.
May be silly question... what is Clydes of Alexandria?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clydes... Clyde's Restaurant Group is a chain of quite good restaurants with fun themes. One of them had antique race cars around the bar.

The one in Alexandria is cool, has nice decor and good food and spots that are safe for Lotus to park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts